Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven Swordsmen

Seven Swordsmen

I am asking a little too late since I am gonna buy this in a coupel hours, but who has seen this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...F8&n=130&s=dvd

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME QUICK IF THIS THING SUCKS CAUSE IT DOES COST A PRETTY PENNY.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

who has seen this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just tell me is it crap, does it have all the people it says on the box? EVen if you have only seen like an episode let me know quick!
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

nobody's seen it, well I am gonna go and buy it so expect a review from me in a year or so on this

wow

after having only seen episode 1/39, I have to say this has to be the greatest show ever made. The kung fu looks pretty good and the characters are freaking sweet, but I will give my full comments in a year or two or three after I have watched the whole show.

I have seen 3 episodes now

1 was a decent set up, but the 2nd episode was amazing. A sh!t load of action and even some very moving parts like when Fu tells Beardy's character that he was the executioner from the previous dynasty, they could not have done that any better. And then I don't think I have ever seen a horse get cut in half in an American T.V. show.

The special effect are pretty cheesy but you get used to it and I am reall startign to like it. This is the best television show of all time, easily. (except for "the office")

Glad you liked it! Just about to watch Snake and crane arts of shaolin .Beer time, hurrah!
    When was 7 swordsmen made? Anyone well known in it?

There is a movie called Seven Swords with Lau Kar Leung in it. I have only seen bits and pieces of it and it looks freaking awesome. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...page=1#gallery

I am talking about this TV show that I just got.

I am guessing that it only ran in parts of China. I have already watched 3 out of 39 episodes and am overly wowed!

If anyone saw that Crouching dragon TV show, it is about 20 notches above that.

I have seen 10 episodes now!

It gets pretty boring. Senior Fu is the sheeeit like always. Brother 3 I am surprisingly beginning to like very much. But the action is just decent. Luckily in episode 10 they get back to some great action with a duel between Vincent Zhao(chiu man cheuk) and fire cloud or something. Still a great show and I can feel it when first brother gets his dragon sword back, it's over

the show has kind of been dragging

BUT NOW I AM ACTUALLY USED TO THE SOAP OPERA CAMERA STYLE AND I AM LIKING EVERYTHIGN ABOUT IT NOW!!

The acting was getting a bit flat until theis lady who leads teh eagle's of teh desert shows up and kills her lover?????

I guess we look past that, I know I certianly did. Not only is she super hot, but she is one of teh better actresses I have seen in a while.

Like I said, show is getting a bit boring but they saved it with this girl. It was the first episode I had to watch twice, freaking sweet!!!!!

Oh yeah, i am on episode 15 and I don't think I will ever be able to finish it

I thought I would post so that you dont feel so lonely on this thread Jethro as no one else has posted! I'm going to have a look over here in the uk for the 7 swordsmen, as need a good series to get my teeth into! Have managed to track down Masterkiller, so really looking forward to seeing it! See, Im sticking to the list now!

warning

It is 39 episodes at 40 minutes a piece. Good show but could take like 5 years to watch it all.

My word, thats some commitment! I thought 'The Prisoner' was a commitment!

Thumbs up

Just had to comment, Jethro. IMO, it is a classic series and should be part of every MA enthusiasts library.

Just my 2c.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Just to clarify

Seven Swordsmen is the TV serialized version of Tsui Hark's Seven Swords. China is very fond of making TV shows from successful movies. They did it for Crouching Tiger and for Shaolin Soccer, although I don't think those were authorized by the original filmmakers. I'm not sure about that. Seven Swordsmen is by Tsui Hark though. We have a bunch of promotional material here at the office from when one of the actors came by (I can't remember which one, tho). The promotional calendar is really cool. Here's the Seven Swords movie thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

isnt the villain form the shaolin temple movie in that? he is older now and has a beard. i think i know who the director of the series is too. i met the director of the shaolin temple movie and a couple other ones too. very cool guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.