Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seven Swordsmen

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    China is very fond of making TV shows from successful movies. They did it for Crouching Tiger and for Shaolin Soccer, although I don't think those were authorized by the original filmmakers.[/URL]
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Draon is part of a pentology of books by Wang Dulu, so as long as the TV company got TV rights then there should be no problem. Unless the producers of the CTHD film got both flim and TV rights in Asia (& worldwide), in which case Mr. Wang needs a new lawyer.

Right CFT

Seven Swords is also based on a wuxia novel series. My point was more that the TV series followed the movie but did not involve the same people. A classic U.S. example of the same phenomena would be Buffy the Vampire Slayer although the movie and TV show had the same director and writer, at least for some of it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Seven Swordsmen is the TV serialized version of Tsui Hark's Seven Swords. China is very fond of making TV shows from successful movies. They did it for Crouching Tiger and for Shaolin Soccer, although I don't think those were authorized by the original filmmakers. I'm not sure about that. Seven Swordsmen is by Tsui Hark though. We have a bunch of promotional material here at the office from when one of the actors came by (I can't remember which one, tho). The promotional calendar is really cool. Here's the Seven Swords movie thread.

Gene-tsiu hark is for sure the producer. The acting and the location shoots are freaking unbelievable.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Does anyone know who the actress is that plays Fei Hongjin? She is the leader of the Eagle's of the Desert. Her acting is some of the best I have seen in a while, she is also super hot!!!!
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Does anyone know who the actress is that plays Fei Hongjin? She is the leader of the Eagle's of the Desert. Her acting is some of the best I have seen in a while, she is also super hot!!!!
    Ada Choi plays Fei Hongjin you idiot! the hottest woman in the world! Geesh, that jethro guy is a dumass. Man oh man I was a crazy dude whenever I made these posts. It was only a year or 2 ago, I can't believe how much I have changed.
    Last edited by jethro; 12-18-2007 at 05:27 PM.