Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xingyiquan video

the young taji kid

i had seen that vid once before--i am still impressed. it makes me wish i had started taiji as a child, when i was still flexible! that kid will be scary good if he keeps practicing.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

I thought they both looked pretty skilled... though I did think the guy in the second clip looked a bit tight, and his body co-ordination seemed a little off. I'm not sure if he was trying a little too hard to look bas@ss for the camera, or if what I'm seeing is the flavor of their branch of xingyi quan. I think that's what those who don't particularly care for the second guy are being turned off by. It's been quite awhile since I've done xingyi quan though, and I never got to any kind of "advanced" level.
    Last edited by B-Rad; 08-08-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Wang Xian's student

I don't think that thing he does with his knees is neccessarily a hu lei jia thing. Wang Xi An's sons do the same thing. It seems to be a bit of Wang's personal flavor. And, oh, to have started that young.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble