Thread: Attention Gene

Attention Gene

Hi Mate,

On your travels, have you come across any styles of kung fu in Ng Toi San / wu tai shan?

Do you know if there is any straight sword forms or anything?

Thanks in advance!!

Garry

nope

I'm afraid I've not yet been to Wutaishan. I'd love to go since it's one of the four Sacred Buddhist Mountains, but I haven't been to any of them yet. I'm really trying to get to Emei (aka O-Mei - see our Emei special issue) first, since that's what I'm studying now. Of course, I'd love to see Wutai, as well as Putuo and Jiuhua. My favorite parts of China are all the sacred mountains.

Why are you asking me specifically?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanks Gene, im asking you because WE in australia dont always get the kung fu magazine at every news Angencies. I thought maybe you might have seen, bumped or did some articles i may have missed in your magazines. I currently am studying an old Daoist system called Wun Yuen Yuet hei Yuen (Primordial Chao One Chi Palm System) it was created from WuTai Shan and now rest in my Sifu's belongings here in Australia as the gate keeper. We dont have any weapons just one looooooooong form, meditation and energy healing. But was interested in seeing any Daoist Wu Tai Shan Gim forms, but i read that the sacred mountain has been buddhist for a couple of thousand years before that it was Daoist.

So trying to get more info on Daoist arts of that Area?!

please let us know if you come across or publish it in your magazine!!

respectfully
    Garry

I need a geography leason...

Where's Wu Tai Shan?

You need to learn to use the net properly, B-Rad

Wutai Shan is in Shanxi (not to be confused with Shaanxi). There might be something in one of the back issues on Wutai, but the only time I can remember us discussing Wutai offhand was in something I did for that Emei special concerning the four Buddhist Mountains. Perhaps I'm forgetting something, but I've been with the mag since '99. You'd have to dig through the archives, pre-99, to see if there's something I missed. I don't know those earlier issues as well. Good luck with your research, Garry.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart