Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector

Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector

Tom Yum Goong Official Site

This has been up for awhile, but I wasn't sure if y'all had seen it yet.

(OK, I know i technicially isn't a Kung-Fu flick....but come on, Ong Bak rocked)
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Tony Jaa 3rd Film

Tony Jaa's third film will include sword play: Check it out here:

Tony Jaa 3
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Cool!

...but isn't Tom Yum Goong a dish with basil and hot pepper?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i did like ong bak but there was something about the movie that really didn't amaze me. once was enought. but i can watch the old classics over and over. -----snake in the eagles shadow, shaolin excecutioners, north shaolin vs south shoulin and any of the five venoms are just a few.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Tom Yum Goong

it's the name of the restaurant that serves as a cover for the illegal operations in the movie.. details are at the movie's website http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com

the plot seems a little cliche, but i'm sure the action will be bad ass (who watches these movies for good dialogue and character development anyways?)

read the plot for the movie. seems like ong bak but with elephants instead of a statue
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    read the plot for the movie. seems like ong bak but with elephants instead of a statue
    and two handed sword dueling instead of um... knees and fists!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Tom Yum Goong Review

Here is a review of the new Tony Jaa movie...SPOILERS
    ------
    Jason

ok tom yum goon is out
    im expecting illegal downloads

now

Thumbs up

yeah....this looks like it's gonna be friggin hot.....that kick to the street lamp in the trailer sold it for me....i mean, the elephant plot sounds like it could be interesting, but what i really want is to see Tony Jaa beat mofo's down.
    "It's better to be dead and cool....than alive and uncool." - Mickey Rourke in "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"

Tony Jaa's new film ( Tom - Yum - Goong )....

If any of you liked the fight scene's in ( Ong - Bak ) I'm sure you're going to like the one's in ( Tom - Yum - Goong ) Jaa take's Muay Thai to next level in my opinion. This one's a must have in my book....
    RAYNYSC

All my thai comes from restaraunt menus, so is this movie really about noodle soup?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

i enjoy tony jaa's movies but there is something about them that doesn't sit right with me. he is very talented but i can only watch his movies once or twice while as i can watch other kung fu movies over and over. good movie though

It was okay. I thought Ong-Bak was better. I think people were trying to get this out just to commericalize his success, come on...it's about losing a freaking pet Elephant. The way he somehow ended up in fights was rediculous, had no connection sometiems at all.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

thats one thing i noticed about these movies. some of the parts of the movie are hard for western people to relate to. example elephant. in ong bak i didn't like the motorized tricycle race with the big explosion at the end of it.