Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: CKF Application Clips.

Pak Hok Pai

Hi,

I am impressed when I saw traditional basic skills in action.
    Fighter is young man Mario from Arkansas USA, the longest video is his first tournament with 17 yrs old, the next two videos are in the meantime.
    He is 20 yrs old now and he have my best wishes and suport for further training and developing traditional way .
    I share interest and love for traditional way in MA whatewer style is about.

with regards,

Hi folks,

Back from my Sibu trip – what a trip! Too short for my liking so I am planning to go back again in the next couple of months to get more Kung Fu.

Managed to make some preliminary contacts with Sifus from “Fong Yang Pai”, “Butterfly Palms” and “Southern Shaolin Hungga” but due to time constrains, I got to schedule shooting session some other time.

Naively thought I could simply zip through the whole process and just get the Kung Fu I set out to obtain.

Didn’t count on the dinners, tea sessions and my own demos to “warm” everybody up hahaha… with all that Carlsberg inside, Milan you’re right, I might have been giving out “Shaking” Crane without even knowing it.

At least I managed to video Hakka Praying Mantis’ Sifu Wong and Wuzhu’s Sifu Xiong De Lu.

Both these fine gentlemen are exactly the reason I love traditional CKF so much. Committed to their art forms all their lives, they couldn’t be more unlike in their everyday lifestyles.

Sifu Wong is a very successful businessman (with the pouch to show) and Sifu Xiong is still working 9 to 5. After work, Kung Fu is the equalizer I guess.

Sifu Wong concentrates on passing his skills to his son, Edmund who is expected to carry on the torch for his unique style PM.

Sifu Xiong, on the hand, is still determinedly training beginners, including many kids and even including “fun” kung fu to retain them. This, to me, is very admirable. Imagine doing a “fan” form to the music of Jay Chou. The Sifu Xiong that I know is as solid as they come and yet watching him supervise a class is revealing another side that is new to me. He’s like a father in front of the little ones…..

I really take my hat off to these 2 Sifus – makes me feel little in their company.

I should have some clips ready tomorrow; they are still in the camera and I am just too puffed to work on them now.

For tonight, I got to continue on polishing my “shaking” crane hahahaha and maybe dream about phoenixes, butterflies and the days when Kung Fu Masters were revered as heroes and kingmakers……

Regards.

ps. Milan, thanks for your contributions. Beginning to look like I got to send you some Chivas or Maw Tais maybe......

Hi,

Eric welcome back. You are lucky man

Contributions will continue soon and I am glad if you gave comment that you like something I posted.

My occupation is bussines time and everyday problems, not lucky and usefull trip like you had this days, but I will be back soon to receive that Chivas present

regards
    Milan

ps. what Maw Tais is? it sounds good
    Last edited by pakhok; 10-04-2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: ps

Hi everybody,

Posting the first short clip cut taken during my Sibu trip.

You see Sifu Xiong De Lu doing a Wuzhu (5 Ancestors) form named “Eight Immortals Lohan”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qqZ91L4gE

The “Eight Immortals” portion is reflected in the “drunken” stepping pattern throughout the form in which “Lohan” hands is very clearly represented.

I am so glad that Sifu Xiong, a highly regarded Wuzhu Master, has agreed to have me video his forms and drills.

I am working with him, presently, to archive all his forms/applications and drills into video format.

I love doing this; helping to preserve old arts for future references.

Want to take this opportunity here to thank Sifu Xiong again for the shooting session even after leading class for couple of hours before.

Regards.

Hello everyone,

Milan, I don’t really like to comment on styles that I don’t do personally – my views, in this case, don’t really mean anything.

I’ll watch and keep opinions to myself; most of which would be shaped by the lenses I see through with…

Got another 2 short clip here from my trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB69CMvgzw0
    Sifu Wong Sie Lee and his son, Edmund, illustrating a technique from one of their forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leb1GB6Z74
    Edmund doing the same form I posted earlier on. This time, with a better camera, I hope you see this form better. Edmund was a bit nervous this time round .....

Like I mentioned earlier, Sifu Wong does Southern Shaolin Hakka Praying Mantis; a predominantly short range fast techniques system using explosive “jin”.

Sifu Wong was kind enough to take time off his busy schedule to do forms and explain the major features of his system.

Personally this system is a good example of “when my hands touch your hands, you’re mine”….. to quote a crazy friend.

Regards.
    Last edited by Eric Ling; 10-05-2006 at 03:12 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    nixe ckios on the SPM, ERic. What line is he from?

Hey Ten Tigers, its just occured to me that you might be Rik (?), many moons ago used to be on the AOL martial arts message boards?
    Used to chat about Pak Mei and (amongst other things) chops to you, I was the only English guy on the boards all those years back.
    Ring any bells?

Hi everybody,

Here is Five Elements by Xing Yi form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWBKxCGCbc

Eric, I didn't understand you everything , maybe due to my not perfect English, but I hope there is positive energy around us, like I believed from first contact with you.
    Of course for me is relevant every one comment by you or any opinion you can give. From my point of view you are somebody very experienced with lot of knowledge about MA and I am lucky man when I can see and learn anything new from you.
    You, and my respect to you are only reasons why I am active here on this thread, with my respect to others, I will be present here but passive watcher who read and learn and of course share with people what I think is good to be shared.
    I am small and low beginner level in MA and I hope i didn't say or do anything wrong.

With best regards and best wishes to all,
    Milan

Hi Milan,

I respect folks like you more than you know. If you have been to old WuLin, you must know where I stand concerning non-Chinese walking the Chinese path.

I sometimes think we, the Chinese, got it relatively easier. With little or no language/culture high walls, Kung Fu should be a breeze.

But in reality that’s not true. The Kung Fu path is, in my experience, a very demanding one in so many ways.

Discipline and sacrifice are a pre-requisite – no 2 ways about this.

My English is weak too; often I am being misunderstood also because of my weak command of English.

To communicate and convey Kung Fu concepts in English is something I do cautiously. For me to comment about others, especially styles that I don’t do first-hand, is something that I want to handle very delicately. My late Sifu like to say this; “Kung Fu peoples have tough bones and muscles but very soft skins” so if you got nothing nice to say, don’t say anything!”

A case of “silence speaks volumes” perhaps…..

So my friend, I got many ghosts of my own too and I like to express my admiration/respect to all you non-Chinese walking the Chinese path.

You are putting in a lot more than me to get where you are and that I do know is definitely no walk in the park.

Got a clip here from the trip showing Sifu Wong & Edmund teaching me a thing or 2 about Hakka Praying Mantis. Notice all the “Muay Thai” scars on my legs….my wife is threatening to ignore me if I don’t stop beating up my own legs hahaha..

We are speaking in mainly Fuzhou (just in case anyone is wondering) with a bit of Mandarin added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAaETLxIW4

Ten, got the history/lineage from Sifu Wong verbally. Need to check with him about accuracy before I present it in written form publicly.

Regards.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Hey Custom, yaeh that's me. That goes a long, way back. I don't even remember that forum. I think I used to go online when I visted my parents in Fla,

Hi everyone,

I know Sifu Xiong for a while now; in fact traveled with him twice to a town called “Singkawang” in Kalimantan Indonesia.

This town has a big Chinese Hakka population and with the relaxing of cultural restrictions, the Chinese there are planning to re-introduce CKF training into schools etc..

I was invited to join the delegation from Sarawak for a series of performances there; one actually took place in the middle of the town. Folks there just barricaded the streets and erected an impromptu stage for us.

There must be hundreds of spectators crowded all over to watch the performance. I was told by some locals during my 2nd visit that someone actually videoed that performance and was selling them in VCDs….this is so funny…

Sifu Xiong is a CKF veteran with an encyclopedic knowledge of various styles and traditions. His first love, however, is still the Wuzhu that he teaches. His enthusiasm for Wuzhu is obvious & unmistakable when he delves into the history, concepts and techniques.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I’ve learned from this reticent and humble gentleman.

Got him here doing “Poisonous Snake Obstructing Path”; the same form that I posted with one of my students performing a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iec7i3Ll5Dk

One form, two different transmission lines and almost one whole night of sharing/exchanges and people wonder why I am so nuts about traditional Kung Fu…

Medicine just cannot cure some…hahahaha….

Or in the words of Hendrik (probably); if you know, you know or you will never know even if you know……huh ???

Regards.

Hi all,

Eric thanks for this great words.
    It seems we will destroy one day few Carlsbergs and Chivas, few.... but boxes

This is one of links helping me to learn and understand even from Chines language.
    This help me to translate from Chines to English and than I translate to my language

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...ranslator.html

For me very usefull toy .

And of course Javimoja site, the best downloader online for all kinds of video extensions from different addresses. much much better than VideoDL

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

This are present links for today

with best regards,
    Milan

Hakka Chu Gar Suppressing Tiger Kung Fu.

Hi all,

Sorry for the silence the last 2 days – busy with some business stuffs and meeting and shooting another Hakka Sifu here in Kuching.

Some time back, I was told by a friend that there is this Hakka Sifu who was teaching a system of traditional Hakka boxing. I was given very brief info regarding this. This Sifu and his Kung Fu got me piqued since then.

2 days ago, I happened to bump into this same friend and got him to find out the address of this retired Sifu.

I got that and decided to drive out to this small village just on the outskirt of Kuching. There, in a very idyllic setting, I finally found Sifu Kong.

At 65 and nursing a wound on his leg, Sifu Kong was all gusto when I told him about my CKF preservation work.

A Hakka Chu Gar Suppressing Tiger Master, Sifu Kong Shu Ming was very gracious enough to, not only, do a basic form for the camera, and he even gave me a handwritten manual from his style. This manual was written by his late teacher, Grand Master Chu Ching Hwa. This system teaches five forms and their fighting principles revolve around “shocking, deceiving and tricking” the opponent. Looking at Sifu Kong’s delivery, I see much of the “whipping” that I am familiar with. He agreed for me to return to shoot all the 5 forms in their entirety when he is more up to it.

Afterwards, we spent about an hour just talking about CKF in Sarawak and much to my excitement; I was told that there is a Fuzhou Tiger Master who is still teaching in another small town.

Now this I got to really check out. I remember hearing about this Tiger style from Fuzhou which looks nothing like what mainland Fuzhou is doing.

My White Crane Sifu told me that there was a Tiger Master who taught in the very same club where I got my White Crane. But that Sifu did not teach much and so what I got later in my training syllabus is just inkling of the system.

I will post a clip of Sifu Kong when I am done with the converting and editing.

Regards.

Hi everyone,

Sorry, still don’t have the clip ready.

Completely tied up with giving www.wulinijia.com the final touches before we roll out.

So much printed and video materials to be prepared for injecting into the site….

On top of that, I’ve got appointments lined up to shoot some White Crane folks the next couple of days here.

Anyway, scanned the cover and couple of pages of the manual given by Sifu Kong.

For those of you who read Mandarin, this should give you glimpses into the basics of this unique system.

Regards.

Ps. Milan, I can’t open the file you sent. Can you resend in jpeg format – something that I could open with Adobe Photoshop would be good.

Sorry, I didn’t answer your “Maw Tai” question; Chinese poison my friend.

Hi ppls,

Ou Eric thanks, but Chivas will be enough, I am satisfied with small things

Eric its just Adobe Acrobat needed to access that kind of files, like for e-books mostly. I will resend today

with regards,
    Milan