Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: defense against Zinedine Zidane's headbutt

defense against Zinedine Zidane's headbutt

With all of these how-to-defend-against threads popping up, I decided to start this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc
    So, what would you do?

not insult his mother...
    Words!

Just words!

Not go down like a sack of sh*t when somebody headbutts you in the chest!! I mean really, who headbutts someone in the chest?
    The other thing I don't get is when soccer players claim that they were so provoked that they had to respond violently, yet give one little dig and then try and hide amongst the other players. If someone had wound me up that badlt there'd be some ground 'n' pound going on.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

lol it is a strange thing to do when you think about it. We all know about sucker punches but sucker headbutts to the chest isn't something you see often.

So was this a good headbut or not? Did the Italian player go down on purpose for the penalty? If he had side-stepped, would Zidane have gone sprawling?

When I saw it, I thought it was a very odd choice for an attack - but it "seemed" very effective!

Good topic Xia!

he's a soccer player, they don't use their hands (except the goalie) so the head was logical unless he wants to kick him in the balls. that would probably end his line of generation getting kicked by a soccer player haha

nice head butt! (i have no affiliation with either team just a great headbutt)

O.K. - football players don't use their hand's in a game...but still, if he was enraged, wouldn't he still have instinctively pushed the guy first as most sporting types do when they get mad?

Anyway, very unusual technique - and "apparently" - very effective! Zidane must have Shaolin Iron-Head training like the movie Master Killer showed us!

theres a mens magazine in the uk called 'nuts'

it had an article with Chris Crudelli (mind, body and kickass moves) explaining the best way to defend against Zidanes headbutt

was quite interesting

craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin
    So was this a good headbut or not? Did the Italian player go down on purpose for the penalty? If he had side-stepped, would Zidane have gone sprawling?

When I saw it, I thought it was a very odd choice for an attack - but it "seemed" very effective!
    Not if you understand why he did it.

You don't have to know kung fu to know about energy. Most people in the world except for the industrialized countries know all about energy. It is only in the west people have been lied to and told there is no such thing.

Zinedane comes from one of those third world cultures. He grew up with the knowledge.

Yes...it's effective. If your fighting a flopper like a soccer player.

I'd say a good defense to a headbutt like that would be the same hight as the "victim" or a few inches taller, but IMHO no defense is needed in a situation like this. If he was 2 or 3 inches shorter it may have been a doosy....right on the kisser.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Zidane

Yes, well, thanks for the responses, but...

What did that article say would be the best way to defend against this attack?

Alright, he grew up in a certain culture and knows about energy - could you explain this further?!? "Why" did he do it ?

CPA - what is a "flopper"? I don't understand your rational for a defense...can you please extrapolate?

Cheers - AQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    Not go down like a sack of sh*t when somebody headbutts you in the chest!! I mean really, who headbutts someone in the chest?
    looks like he got him right in the xiphoid process. that'll take a dude down.

besides that, I can think of a lot of guys including myself who would use the headbutt. mostly to the face a la "the nutter"TM
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin

Alright, he grew up in a certain culture and knows about energy - could you explain this further?!? "Why" did he do it ?
    I hope you don't mind playing along. I want to go step by step.

Why did Zinedane headbutt the other guy? Be specific if you can please.

Head butt

I would simply employ the baji punch, elbow, shoulder, headbutt.
    fight butt with butt

M asks about Zinedane

Why did Zinedane headbutt the other guy? Be specific if you can please.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to a London Times story---the Italian player at first grabbed Z's shirt. Z said that he can have it after the game and started walking away.

The Times employed a fluent Italian speaker and a lip reader and went over the film... supposedly Z was called the son of a terrorist ***** or ***** (I forget which exactly)-that when Z turned, advanced and head butted him. Theses are athletes in top shape- for the player to be dropped- some head butt!

joy chaudhuri