Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: defense against Zinedine Zidane's headbutt

M asks about Zinedane

Why did Zinedane headbutt the other guy? Be specific if you can please.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to a London Times story---the Italian player at first grabbed Z's shirt. Z said that he can have it after the game and started walking away.

The Times employed a fluent Italian speaker and a lip reader and went over the film... supposedly Z was called the son of a terrorist ***** or ***** (I forget which exactly)-that when Z turned, advanced and head butted him. Theses are athletes in top shape- for the player to be dropped- some head butt!

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti
    Why did Zinedane headbutt the other guy? Be specific if you can please.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to a London Times story---the Italian player at first grabbed Z's shirt. Z said that he can have it after the game and started walking away.

The Times employed a fluent Italian speaker and a lip reader and went over the film... supposedly Z was called the son of a terrorist ***** or ***** (I forget which exactly)-that when Z turned, advanced and head butted him. Theses are athletes in top shape- for the player to be dropped- some head butt!

joy chaudhuri
    That is what I heard too. Thank you.

What kind of a person would say that to another person? Of course it is very common for people to call each other all kinds of things. It happens so much that many people do not think anything of it.

If we are talking good people though, what kind of a person would say what the other guy said to Zinedine? A very nasty and dirty kind of person. A person that some might even use the word evil to describe.

I am trying to think of the best way to phrase the next question so as to elicit the answer I want.............

Where do you think hate comes from?

Hatred comes from the heart.

In Egypt they have a saying. A person who says awful and nasty things like that soccer player did would be described as a "black hearted" person. That is because in order to generate that hate, the person has to squeeze their heart. That is not good. If you have ever seen one of those open heart operations on TV, you know that your heart looks real flimsy and rubbery. Squeezing the heart to make it produce hate is unhealthy for it.

Zinedine is a muslim man. He would have the cultural background of knowing that hate comes from the heart. He would understand the stuff about people who say bad things being black hearted.

Go watch the video again. People say Zinidine hit the other guy in the chest. That is because that is what they see. They look and see the chest.

What is inside of the chest? The heart. Zinidine is not headbutting the guy in the chest, he is putting the hit right on that bad guy's black heart.

If he did it right, that other guy is going to be sick for 6 months or more. That head butt was like an internal strike to the heart.

Hi!

Ok - so the guy taunts his mother, etc. - like a Monty Python skit. Apparently, from what I've read, this type of "taunting" & very insultage goes on all the time on the field - constantly. Zidane gives the same, as good as he gets, every game, all the time. In fact, his record is less than stellar in any event.

Also, from what I've read, Zidane is not a practicing Muslim. Maybe he is now, I don't know.

JM - from what you're saying, Zidane purposefully, with millions of people viewing the event, head-butted the guy in his black-heart - a conscious act in the heat of the moment? That's a very intersting theory! But true or not, it worked - or seemed to!

No one else has any commentary / insights about this?

Ta - aq