Thread: My friend got challeneged

My friend got challeneged

My friend Chris is gonna go to some TKD school tomorrow to fight a yellow belt. The guy thinks he is the next NHB champ kind of guy learning TKD. However, my friend has about 6 months of Muay Thai, use to play pro hockey 3 years and boxing.

Now, he has complete confidence in himself as I have spent the past hour explaining to him how TKD works, especially the McDojo types. He just wanted to get some extra opinions on it as well.
    I have a signature.

Does this yellow belt have previous TKD experience?

I went to a TKD school for awhile and got through yellow belt material... it was basically a couple boring forms, about a dozen one step partner self defence drills, and kicking pads, bags, or air No one at that level had developed much skill at all. My dad's old TKD place (in the late 70's through the 80's) was much more traditional, and they did no pad full contact fighting... but not the yellow belts. And still not much hand technique. I think TKD yellow belt is going to get crushed unless he's got some good skills up his sleave from something he learned previously.

TKD is for pus sies
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Why was he challenged?

sounds like it's going to be a really good fight!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

your friend used to play hockey? ok, i will mail him a crisp 10 dollar bill if he hockey punches the guy and posts a video of it. I know its not much money but its bettter than nothing.

let's change the direction a bit.

what are the rules?

They are fighting in a tkd school, so are they going to fight under tkd rules? No punches to the head, only punches to the body. Kick to the head allow, blah, blah, blah.

sure, I think your friend probably will beat up the other guy as long as they are comparable size wise. But, I bet the tkd guy would think he won if they fight under tkd rule because your friend end up beating him but broke some stupid rules.
    dazed and confused

TKD guys are so funny. Fast legs, good kicks but once you get inside their kicking range they have no idea what to do like they're waiting for a ref to break you apart.

We had an ex Tai Kwon Do guy at my old school. he'd throw some good kicks but you time him right, get inside and "pop", back fist to the head. He just stood there like the fight was now over so "pop" I backfist him again.

Let us know how the fight goes.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Sounds like neither of them are going to bring a bag of tricks they learned from martial arts study so it comes down to what they have/had before the short priod of time they began training.... height, weight and age will play a factor as well as level of agression.

The one guy's hockey experience may allow him more mental focus entering into a physically stressful environment, but you don't know if the other guy is a violent criminal who attends the only local source for legal expression of violence either.

They ended up fighting at the park cause the school wouldn't allow it. I was there and the TKD guy threw a side kick to my friend's chest. My friend dodged it and grabbed it, then just flipped the dude over and walked off. End of fight and we got in the car and left. Stupid I know. Alot of guys just swinging testostorone around, etc. But I just started laughing as soon as the guy got flipped.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    They ended up fighting at the park cause the school wouldn't allow it. I was there and the TKD guy threw a side kick to my friend's chest. My friend dodged it and grabbed it, then just flipped the dude over and walked off. End of fight and we got in the car and left. Stupid I know. Alot of guys just swinging testostorone around, etc. But I just started laughing as soon as the guy got flipped.
    Next time, YOUTUBE!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    well said, Ray. You have NO IDEA who the guy was before walking into the TKD school. What makes you think that some aggressive,hard-hitting, psycho, can't sign up at the local McDojo? Some have fought often in bars,the streets, etc, and then they join a school and they are wearing Karate Kid headbands doing horrible forms and sloppy drills,
    -and they will take your head off!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yikes-I turn my back, answer the phone, and the whole situation changes! LOL
    ok, your friend kicked butt -hooray. Does this mean that he fought some weak shlemmiel and took total advantage of him? In this case-why did he even take the fight?
    My post still stands however, and be warned-it could have gone the other way.

Actually Chris is about 5'7 (he claims 5'5) and weighs aroudn 145 lbs. Looking at him you wouldn't think he was some badass who knows how to fight aggressively. The dude he fought was about 6' and 175. Basically my height/weight.
    I have a signature.