Thread: Yee's Chelsea

Yee's Chelsea

Anyone know about Yee's Hung Ga in Chelsea? Good school? Details please.

The best of all the branches (i'll get in trouble for saying that )

1. Hardcore training
    2. Not a Cult
    3. The best HG Ladies around

seriously,

a well run school. You can either keep your training Traditional or experiment with your skills in a MMA environment. Both are offered.

Also they have A great Oriental Medicine Clinic (accupuncture, tuina, herbs, reiki, etc)

(i'm also biased as Mathew Yee is my senior in HG and one of my best friends as well - all I can say is that I taught him was how to use a hammer and saw

Thanks for the tip, ng. I liked what I saw, although I'm trying to visit as many places as I can. haven't even picked a style yet. Just know I'm restless, want to train and have always wtd to do MA. So far the styles that I'm considering are sanda, kung fu and muay thai. The problem with kung fu is that there are so many variations to choose from and so much conflicting info out there about what's good. Guess that's a good problem. The class i observed at Yee's was a sparring MMA class.

Just look around.

for a style the first couple of months are all the same, no matter what style or disicpline you do (kung fu, karate, taekwondo, etc)

Conditioning, Stance/footwork, hand and leg techniques.

for combat (MMA) sanda/sanshou, kickboxing are great. I'd recommend taking some boxing classes first. Everything in MMA is built off of the basics.

good luck in your search

I know this is off topic, but since you were helpful before I figured I'd run it by you.

Another one I'm considering to study is JKD. These are two schools in my area and I just wondered if they were reputable. (I'll give them a pass on the bruce lee stuff because I guess you need to pull people in somehow if you want to run a business):

http://www.nubreedmartialarts.com

http://www.nymaa.com

Thanks.