Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cut Weight for Ray Pina Challenge!

Thumbs up The Cut Weight for Ray Pina Challenge!

If you saw Ray's thread then you know that he's trying to cut weight for an upcoming fight. He needs to cut 10lbs over the next three weeks in order to make weight.

So what better way to come together as a community and support one of our members than a cut weight for Ray Challenge?

Lets say we start on Monday 8/14/06. That makes the final weigh in day Monday 9/4/06.

I weighed in at 187.5lbs. yesterday so my goal is 177lbs by 9/4/06.

Let's support one of our own who's out there fighting the good fight for kung fu! Who's with me?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Hell, I can afford ten pounds. I've never tried to lose weight before but this seems to be as good a time as ever. Since I'm new to this, though, I get a head start... I begin tommorow.

if i didn't have to force feed myself to gain every pound i would, but i just cant afford it.

ill try to make my abs look pretty for a week or two though.
    where's my beer?

friendship can be taken too far...

Geeeeeez...........

I'm glad he didn't start a thread saying he was going in for a colonoscopy!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    sure.

this should probably be on the S&T forum though.

I finally broke 253 last week after days of commuting on my bike.

I won't weigh again till Friday morning but will post.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I was allways best around 200 even, 205 tops. I am 225 now, so UR ON!!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

i'm in but i will be starting a week after you all. so 10 lbs in 2 weeks for me. no sweat... er actually a lot of sweat. nevermind. but yeah. although i will put it out there that there is pretty solid scietific evidence to stated that 10 lbs in 3 weeks isn't healthy. they say 1-2 lbs per week is healthy and that at that rate you are more likely to keep it off bc it is slowly moving your bodies' set point rather than trying ot move it rapidly which your body will resist. regardless, game on.

if anyone wants a great crash diet :
    breakfast: one serving cereal w/ skim milk (and measure out the one serving. its usually about a coffee cups worth).

lunch: tuna fish with nothing in it. either right from the can or starkist makes those puches of flavored tuna those are good.

dinner: tuna fish and or a salad with just veggies, no cheese. balsamic vinagrette dressing on the side. or grilled tuna filet just make sure its one serving (about the size of a deck of playing cards).

another ok food is a turkey sandwich on whole wheat or multi grain bread with mustard no cheese or mayo or any of that stuff. or chicken breast grilled on iceberg lettuce. nothing else on it. basically bland food with no fat and low carbs, very little to no dairy (unless skim milkin small amounts).

and give yourself one cheat meal per week. that way you dont always feel like you can never have any of the stuff you want. its good for you mentally to give in plus it gives you something to look forward to. but make sure its only one meal.
    i did this diet for 2 weeks and lost 14 lbs. but i have to say you get sick of tuna pretty fast.

Lastly, the worst thing ppl do is drink calories. its such a waste and for most ppl constitutes a large part of their daily caloric intake. switch to diet drinks, water, black coffee, green or black tea with no sugars (ever!).

the danger with diet sodas (and artificial sweeteners in general) (besides cancer) is that there is some research to suggest that it increases appetite and fat storage. dont know if its valid info or not though.

I already live of of mostly raw veggies and water.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I dropped 5 lbs since Monday without really trying. A normal bawl of cereal in the morning (instead of my bacon/egg/cheese roll or HUGE cereal bawl), snack of fruits and some nuts all day, a raw can of tuna dipped serving by serving in mustard and, the past few nights, two small pieces of organic pork (simmered in honey) and asparagus. Not too hard at all.

I've also gotten my students to run about 1.5 miles with me, then stop and conduct class on the beach. Then have about 4 sprinting session.

I'm thinking of keeping this up until Sunday, see if I crack the 179 mark. If so, I will follow some advice I got on dropping water weight, and see if I can, in fact, sweat out 10 lbs. I'll follow that up immediately with this drink that the same pro boxer recommended that puts everything back in, it's designed for those who lose water from diahorea.

Anyway, I see now 174.9 will not be a problem if I stay focused. But actually, I should be a well honed razor at 177 anyway. If that's the case I can make 165. At that weight, I feel extremely confident.

I know it sounds cheesy to do this, I used to think this way too. But I learned if you put in the amount of training I have, not only do you want to win, you want every advantage to make sure you do so and not get hurt.

I know the guy I fought last time dropped to 187 from well over 200lbs. No doubt.
    I know anyone fighting at 175, if they are as focused and want it as bad as me, are dropping from 190 at least.

Anyway, I'm going to try it and report on Monday.

Peace.... and thanks for the support. I'm going to do my best and when it's all done, kung fu players may have some video to support ourselves in the next MMA "Where's the evidence" discussion.

Sounds great Ray. I've dropped only 1.5 lbs. since Wednesday.

I've been eating a light breakfast, fruit during the day with maybe some cottage cheese, a salad with chicken for lunch and a high protein dinner.

I've got a rowing machine so I've been using that every other day and last night I did a 1:45 hour trail run.

Today I weighed in at 186lbs. I'm hopping to loose another 1.5lbs by monday.

Good luck.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Ray, the 1.5 mile run followed by the sprints, along with your diet will definately do it for yu-maintain proper protien intake, otherwise you will start to cannibalize your own mass. The organic honeyed pork sounds cool-where'd ya buy it? Asparagus makes yur **** stink!
    What you said doesnt sound cheezy-you're being honest with yourself and being in reality. What could be wrong with that?
    The most macho guys usually aren't the toughest, and the toughest guys I've ever met are usually very unassuming, non-macho types.

What event are you fighting in?

Can we get a location date and time so we can come root you on.

Anyway try drinking one glass of red wine but not cheap wine. red wine is a great antioxident and is good for the cardio vascular, I like Cianti myself.

Also drink coffee black after every meal it helps speed up the metabolism. Drink cranbery juice instead of water. Spit as much as you can and hit the sauna.

Good luck Ray

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    The organic honeyed pork sounds cool-where'd ya buy it? Asparagus makes yur **** stink!

I just bought the pork at Trader Joes and pored a little honey over it before popping it in the over. And yes, my P stinks .... but I love asparagus. They've become my healthy french fries over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Can we get a location date and time so we can come root you on.

Anyway try drinking one glass of red wine but not cheap wine. red wine is a great antioxident and is good for the cardio vascular, I like Cianti myself.

Also drink coffee black after every meal it helps speed up the metabolism. Drink cranbery juice instead of water. Spit as much as you can and hit the sauna.

Good luck Ray
    Thanks for the info. So I take it, it's not unreasonable to hit 165 if I can drop to about 177?

Either way, 165 or 175, I'm submitting my registration Monday for the cage match on Sept. 2 at Rahway, same day as the San Da tournament. Three weeks out, occassionaly get hit with the nerves, thinking about the bad things that could happen, but mostly, excited, looking forward to it and happy that I won't be wearing head gear or boxing gloves.