Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School insurance

But I thought sole proprietorships didn't require an LLC? Don't you have to have board meetings and minutes once a year to have an LLC?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    But I thought sole proprietorships didn't require an LLC? Don't you have to have board meetings and minutes once a year to have an LLC?
    I'm not sure about OK, but most states have relaxed the filing and reporting requirements of an LLC. In Tennessee you can be a sole-proprietor and an LLC. YOu need to keep up with an annual report and seperate tax issues etc., but its more small-business friendly then it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

that's basically what I said, right? just making sure I was reading between all the SAT words.

Yeah, basically. You should be able to purchase coverage for your employees, but the umbrella policy is seperate from the business insurance.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    right, a SP doesn't require anything but you're SSN. But, everything is mixed together tax wise even though you have a separate form for the P&L of the business...the bottom line of your taxes will be the sum of what you owe and what you paid in your regular job if you have one.

suit wise, I think it just doesn't matter too much, if they want to sue you personally they can.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Yeah, basically. You should be able to purchase coverage for your employees, but the umbrella policy is seperate from the business insurance.
    but, while I'm still a SP, it doesn't make sense to get an umbrella for me personally, does it?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

but, while I'm still a SP, it doesn't make sense to get an umbrella for me personally, does it?
    I think it does if you have any assets that you want to protect. You can get an umbrella through your car insurance (it covers you personally for things that home-owners, car insurance, renters, etc doesn't). Mine costs $110.00 a year for one million coverage.

ahh...ok, i'll check with state farm then. thanks.

$450/year seems to be the standard minimum fee for a club.

JP,
    How does this waiver stack up?
    http://www.karateinsurance.com/Waiver.htm

Help! I need to find insurance that will cover the kickboxing

apparently I've been cancelled, still sorting it out as I just got the letter yesterday citing the reason for cancellation as "Prohibited Activity"

called my agent and she had just gotten her notice as well and is getting back to me today.

but, i'm assuming someone peeped us as some point on a saturday.

I looked at Markel already and they have a light contact rule for all sparring.

i know a lot of people probably BS their insurance company and go harder than light but I'd rather not.

Insurance

Good Day All,
    Which Insurance Providers would you recommend for the Martial Arts?

Thanks

I used these guys:

http://www.karateinsurance.com/

Never had any problems.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thank you.