Thread: Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan

Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan

The thread about forms got me to thinking about a couple of the forms listed on my Shifu's webpage that I've never seen described elsewhere, such as Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan. When I asked him about them he only said they were very advanced. He said Nezha-shi (named after the Chinese god that can grow new limbs) was about learning to use both sides of your body efficiently, but I didn't press him too hard for info. as it's beyond my experience level.

So anyway, I was just wondering out of curiousity if anybody else has heard of or practiced these? Thanks in advance.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

Lol I just asked you the same question on the other thread.

Im thinking robert might have some info archieved somewhere in his brain.

regards
    craig

Smile Nezha or NuoZha

Nuo Zha is one of the most interesting Dieties in the Chinese Daoist Pantheon.

His adventures are recorded in the novel "Feng Shen Bang" (Dedication of Dieties), which is a fantastic version of Zhou dynasty over turning the Shang dynasty with the helps of the Gods, Demi-Gods, and immortals.

Nuo Zha was "born" in human form with 2 powerful "treasures". One is a round disc/ring which he wears around the neck like a neckles. The other is a red clothe which can protect him like an amour. As he grew up, he made a lot of trouble for his human family including killing the third prince of the Eastern Ocean Dragon King. He caused so much trouble that eventually Jade Emporer of the Heaven ordered him to be captured. To avoid shaming his mortal family he cut himself into piece thus "returning his muscles to his mother and his bone to his father". His immortal teacher, Taiyi Zhenren, gave him back a body of lotus plant. He was also granted a secrat spear and a pair of magical wheels (Wind Fire wheels).

When he went into battle, he would reveal his magical form, which is 3 heads and 6 arms. He is workship as Nuo Zha San Tai Zi (Nuo Zha the 3rd Prince). BTW, Nuo Zha can be roughly translated as "A Loud Cry".

As for the forms Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan those are completely new to me. So....

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108

As for the forms Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan those are completely new to me. So....

Mantis108
    Hmm... yeah, I've really never seen it elsewhere. Whatever it is, it isn't common to most Mantis curriculums. The official name of my Shifu's lineage is "Bei-Tanglang Ziran-benmen," so while it may fall under the broader category of 7*, it may also contain forms not found in other 7* lineages. Just have to wait unil I'm good enough to learn it myself. If I ever do, I'll let you all know what I find out.
    Last edited by onyomi; 08-12-2006 at 03:55 PM.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

Ah man these tales are classic, I never tire from reading chinese folk stories.

I just got a great book of tales about the taoist 8 immortals, lol its like being a kid all over again!

cheers
    craig

Transformers: Nezha

This seems so random from a non-Chinese perspective.

China Central Television to Air US-China Animation Co-production ‘Transformers: Nezha’

American media company Hasbro is partnering with China Central Television(CCTV) to broadcast a brand new animated series based on “Transformers” and “Nezha,” which is one of the best-known characters from Chinese mythology. The co-production project, named Transformers: Nezha, was first revealed in July 2017 when Hasbro president Stephen J. Davis. and his team visited CCTV Animation Inc. Transformers: Nezha is expected to premiere during prime time on CCTV in the third quarter of 2019. After the release on CCTV, the series may be released globally.
    THREADS
    Transformers
    Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought this was a lark...

...it'll need it's own thread as soon as I can find that trailer.

Fans snap up Hasbro’s special edition toy marking release of trailer for Nezha: Transformers animation series
    Fans immediately snapped up 100 limited edition toys launched on Tmall celebrating a new cartoon animation series set to hit screens next year
    Characters from the Transformers series will join Nezha in the new cartoon, a tie-up between US toymaker Hasbro and CCTV, the Chinese state broadcaster
    Pearl Liu
    Published: 2:26pm, 12 Dec, 2019

The official poster of Nezha: Transformers. Photo: SCMP Handout

Clad in red and gold and with his trademark pigtails flowing, he flies through the air on his famous wind fire wheels.
    Now Nezha, the teen hero of Chinese mythology, is flying off the shelves in robotic form after a tie-up with US toymaker Hasbro’s iconic Transformers.
    Fans went crazy on Thursday morning, immediately snapping up 100 limited edition toys launched on Tmall celebrating a new cartoon animation series set to hit screens next year.
    Americans may feel a pinch this Christmas as toymakers face import tariffs
    The specially tailored toy depicting Nezha in the form of one of the famous robot superheroes was released after the first official poster and trailer for Nezha: Transformers were unveiled on the Weibo accounts of both Hasbro and its partner in the project, CCTV Animation, a unit of the state broadcaster CCTV, on Wednesday.
    “Nezha which represents Chinese culture and spirit will adventure with world-famous Transformers to brave difficulties and fight evils shoulder to shoulder,” said CCTV Animation on its Weibo account.
    In the official trailer, the Chinese teenage warrior Nezha has become a transformer, dressed in a metallic version of his traditional Chinese red-and-gold uniform and still sporting his iconic pigtail knots.
    Original characters from the Transformers series will come to join Nezha, fighting enemies against a backdrop that appears to be based on places in China.
    Hasbro did not respond to an inquiry by the Post asking for details of the joint production.
    The toy giant’s CEO, Brian Goldner, said during an earnings call in April that he was excited about the mash-up of the American and Chinese cultural icons.
    “The entertainment looks so good that broadcasters around the world are starting to say, this could be something we’d take out globally,” he said. “We’re very excited about continuing to build that relationship with CCTV … it’s very exciting to see what’s possible in China.”
    The US toymaker has been a victim of the prolonged trade war between the world’s two biggest economies.
    A 10 per cent tariff on a list of items including toys is to go into effect on December 15. It was originally supposed to go into effect on September 1.
    Hasbro reported third-quarter earnings fell short of market estimates in October because the threat of the tariffs on toys imported from China had increased shipping and warehousing costs.
    The adjusted earnings per share came in at US$1.84, a long way below analysts’ estimates of US$2.21 per share. Net revenue for the three months through September was US$1.58 billion, which missed the average estimate of US$1.72 billion among analysts polled by Refinitiv.
    “The prospect [of tariffs] had our retailers cancel major direct import programme orders, and rewrite many of those orders as domestic shipments,” said Goldner in the company’s earnings call.
    “Hasbro remains on track to deliver profitable revenue growth in 2019. However, as we’ve communicated, the threat and enactment of tariffs reduced revenues in the third quarter and increased expenses to deliver product to retail,” he added.
    THREADS
    Nezha
    Transformers
    Nezha-shi and Zisun-dan
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart