Thread: Schools in Ft Collins/Northern Colorado?

Schools in Ft Collins/Northern Colorado?

After spending college studying Wing Chun out-of-state, I'm looking for a new school in my hometown (Ft Collins, CO) or nearby, and I'd most like to look into studying Shaolin. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much around here in the way of decent kung fu of any type, from what I've seen thus far. Does anyone know of good schools in the area?

Question number 2: of the places I have found, what looks like the best is the Chinese Shao-Lin Center ( http://www.shao-lin.com ), taught by Elder Masters Sharon and David Soard. Does anyone have information/opinions on this school? The Wing Chun school I was at was my first martial arts experience, so I wouldn't call myself incredibly great at picking good schools just yet, and I really don't want to invest the time, cash, and gas for the commute if it isn't going to be worth it.

Let me start by being up front: Our school is Shao-lin Do.

I just wanted to be up front with that because there are plenty of people on this board that hate us with a passion. There are several places here where you can read their comments.

Now that said, All I can do is to relate and talk about my experience. I've enjoyed the school. I believe Master David and Master Sharon to be excellent teachers. As with any discipline you get what you put into it and I believe you can find what you are looking for in our school.

In any case, I say judge for yourself. Come down to Boulder and sign up for a month. It will cost you $50(a lot less if you decide to continue after the month)....What have you got to lose! See you on tuesday night!

I teach Traditional Northern Shaolin and Eagle Claw,
    If you're interested send me a PM, I'm in the Aurora-Denver Area, and I'm possibly moving soon.

All the Best.