Back when I lived in SF, Dan Savage had a hilarious column in the free entertainment weekly newspaper and so I read it regularly. Here's an item from his reader advice round-up (I'm only copy&pasting the relevant one).

Savage Love Letter of the Day: Reader Advice Round-up
by Dan Savage • Dec 21, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Recent Savage Love Letters of the Day: A conventional man seeks an abusive relationship, a letter-writer wonders how to dispose of a blow-up doll, and a couple ponders going to a sex worker for their first first threesome. Also, last week's column and Savage Lovecast.

On ying yin and yang:
I'm a long time reader and fan of your work. Reading the 12/18/17 letter of the day, I have some info to correct your sentence, "But even if you could find a punchy ying to your punching bag yang..." As a student and teacher of Tai Chi Chuan, it's YIN/yang (not "ying") and, it's the Yin side that is the more "passive" aspect, only not exactly passive in the D/s way you meant. Yin/yang refers to aspects of the natural world. Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity, and nighttime. Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and active; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime. (Since this is you, I will specify: The feminine/masculine words above, like the others, denote an aspect that can be applied to any gender, including those on the non-binary spectrum.) Yin/Yang together represents the duality of nature: opposite sides of the same coin. For example, there is no light without shade: when the sun shines on an object, it casts a shadow, but it's not a static condition— the sun moves, what was dark becomes lit, and vice versa. Love your work, keep it up, all the best, and here's hoping for a better world in 2018.