Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yin Yang sign - What do you know about it?

im too lazy to read all the posts.

it means life is duality. simple

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    im too lazy to read all the posts.

it means life is duality. simple
    It seems that it is a symbolic representation of life as a dualistic unity! It is both One AND Many!

c) anything that you know is easily available for public consumption on your WEBSITE (www.happeh.com)

why didja hafta post the website? i feel dirty
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

reason he likes the BDSM insignia

Thanks cjurakpt, I'll remember that the next time I run out of ballgags. JM is banned. I gave him the YHBT option to come clean, but he failed at that, failed miserably. He has sent me a personal follow-up email that is more of the same. This I find extremely humorous as one of the banned, a rather common and unrepentant reaction from a banned member. The burden of listening to JM's rant is now exclusively mine alone and I feel so priviledged about that. We actually had banned happeh a while ago and typically we ban all the alternative accounts but some how JM slipped through. That oversight is now rectified.

Now what to do with this thread? I propose that since the troll-ugliness is behind us, there's no better revenge but to continue the conversation in a fruitful, productive manner. So let's get back OT.

My big problem with the yin yang is I'm seldom see the world as white or black (maybe that's the result of being Asian ). That's why a triskelion works better for me. Actually, if you look at my article The Traditional Art of 5 Elements Long Pole (2006 May/June) I briefly compared the three internals of taiji, bagua and xingyi based upon a dualism, trialism and pentalism (ok, I made up a few words there, but if you really want to know what I mean, get that issue). What I love about the yin yang is the implied dynamics of the interaction - how the fat part faces the skinny part. Although arguably, a five variable perspective is difficult to juggle. Only the best jugglers can keep five balls in the air.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah black/white, male/female is kindof boring. They need to invent a third sex ... (no, not hermaphrodyte or androgynous or transsexual), but a real third sex.

Also, really colored people would be good, not just the current 'colors' which are just melanin pigments, but if they've got jellyfish genes implanted into cats they sure could implant some genes into people's skin. Green people or blue people or purple people would probably make things interesting.

Just think how much safer people would be walking around at night if they glowed in the dark? It would sure make things easier under the covers as well.

Well, if you put it that way....

...most of the guys here on the forum have a hard enough time hooking up with a woman. Imagine if they had to hook up with both a woman and a 3rdsexman. We'd have more members in the lonely hearts club here than we could ever stomach...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...most of the guys here on the forum have a hard enough time hooking up with a woman. Imagine if they had to hook up with both a woman and a 3rdsexman. We'd have more members in the lonely hearts club here than we could ever stomach...
    I guess I was considering it like 3 sexes, 2 ways ... (or 1 way) ... (or 3 ways ... or more).

Like they say bisexuality doubles your chances of getting a date, this would increase it by 13% (66.66 would be possible partners) ...

I guess maybe I'm just bored of people. When are the aliens coming to take over like they promised? Johnny probably knows.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    When are the aliens coming to take over like they promised? Johnny probably knows.
    I think he was probably using this forum as a way to signal the mothership...

Quote Originally Posted by qiphlow View Post
    c)
    why didja hafta post the website? i feel dirty

well, I suffered myself reading it, I figure why keep it all to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post
    The so-called "information" provided on that website is the raving of a madman. This guy needs serious help, and I'm not just trying to be funny... He's seriously got some issues that need professional psychiatric attention.
    actually, in all seriousness, I agree wholeheartedly - this is a prime example of an individual seriously out of touch with reality - the persecution complex is the least of it; th eproblem is that he has compensated so well with his acting out process, that in a million years he'd never realize that his perception of reality is so fragmented that it's a miracle he's able to function at all in life...

ok, i don't know why exactly, maybe it's a sick kind of curiosity i've got, maybe a fascination with wackos, but...

...i did a little internet digging on JM/Happeh. he's got a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg internet history of wacky "i'm the only one fit to be human, the rest of you are garbage, why does everyone pick on me" blogs/forum entries/etc. it was both entertaining and sad at the same time.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

remove that spot of yin in the field of yang...

...and this yin yang thread ceases to exist. it returns to void.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I would try to start some debate, but I think I'm totally debated out.

Besides, everybody knows that the Yin Yang sign is. It's this Chinese diagram that they put as a patch on Chinese martial arts uniforms when they do taiji.

Greetings..

As this thread illustrates, the symbol is simple.. proportional relationships of contrasting colors, intended to inspire introspection of similar relationships within the observer.. but, in the hands of most people, it becomes a contrivance of issues and agendas..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Sorry TaiChiBob, I normally agree with most of what you post but I gotta go another route on this symbol:

"What we call a symbol is a term, a name , or even a picture that may be familiar in daily life, yet possesses specific connotations in addition to its conventional and obvious meaning. It implies something vague, unkown, or hidden from us. . . .

Thus a word or an image is symbolic when it implies something more than its obvious and immediate meaning. It has a wider "unconscious" aspect that is never precisely defined or fully explained. Nor can one hope to define or explain it. As the mind explores the symbol, it is led to ideas that lie beyond the grasp of reason. . . .

Because there are innumberable things beyond the range of human understanding, we constantly use symbolic terms to represent concepts that we cannot define or fully comprehend." (Jung, Man and His Symbols, pp. 20-21)

I am afraid this is the case of the Yin/Yang symbol and why there is so much "confusion" regarding its meaning--that is its nature.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Can a dose of Christopher Walken help?

Greetings,

Those of you who would like a great cinematic representation of Yin ang Yang should take a look at "King of New York." I don't know whether the incorporation of those principles was intentional, but its presence is overwhelmingly there and it may be why that movie remains a classic for that genre. The movie "Sha Po Lang" seemed inspired by this classic.

mickey

Greetings..

RAF: I think you may have made my point.. the symbol "inspires" the processes that conceive the myriad of meanings.. the symbol is simple in its ability to inspire.. it is when we project the meanings we have conceived back onto the symbol that we experience conflicting meanings of the symbol.. the conflicts are in our interpretations, not in the symbol.. remember, the symbol is inert without the exploring mind to ponder its implications..

We have no factual intended use of the symbol, like a set of itstructions from its creator(s).. so, we speculate.. we may debate our speculations ad infinitum, but the symbol remains as it was, an inspiration to the speculation.. i think we often mistake our interpretations of an experience for the experience itself.. we each might look at the symbol and find different "meanings", the experience of looking at the symbol is largely identical, but.. the interpretation is uniquely individual..

Rather than saying the symbol means this or the symbol means that, my perspective is that the symbol inspires this or that interpretation.. it has physical characteristics which inspire interpretations..

Supposing you had no eastern infulence, or you showed it to a South American native jungle tribe's man that had no contact with the outside world.. what would its meaning be then?

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"