Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Bruce Lee was still alive

salutations, everyone. new here to the boards.

if bruce was alive, he probably would still be acting. after the success with enter the dragon and the success with game of death (after completion) he would go back to the states to make another movie. probably after that, he would finally get a television deal and finally make "the warrior". even though "kung fu" was successful that was set in the old west, "the warrior" would probably be set during modern times (hence television series already made "kung fu: the legend continues"). i would say three years of "the warrior" television series. then another probably star in another movie then he would probably finally put out a finalized book about jeet kune do. i would say, if he were alive, he would probably change everything of what is jeet kune do now and find an efficient way to fight. he would probably change "jeet kune do" to something else because he knows everything will keep on changing. he would stay out of the spot light for a few years and have his own big production company. he would direct "the crow" starring his son Brandon Lee. from that point, he would go back to hong kong. there he can make television and movies for asian market and american market. he would write books on philosophy and his new named art. he would stop doing movies and live off the rest of his life doing guest appearances and instead of ernie hosting "final fu" on mtv, bruce would host it and make it more interesting. after that, he would write and direct game of death 2, his final movie.

i could go on and on but hey...this is only if he was alive.

thanks for reading

I'd kill him

If Bruce Lee were still alive, I'd use my gung fu to kill him. I doubt he would have ever gotten around to learning real gung fu - he was just a movie star.

really?

youd actually want to kill bruce lee?
    you actually think you could kill bruce lee?

Quote Originally Posted by XinKuzi View Post
    If Bruce Lee were still alive, I'd use my gung fu to kill him. I doubt he would have ever gotten around to learning real gung fu - he was just a movie star.
    It would be a lot easier just to give him an aspirin.
    Figure Eight

Talking hmmm...

interesting...

what is your definition of real kung fu? because i would like to know what type of kung fu bruce lee was suppose to learn.

but no one would be saying these things if he was still alive straight to his face now would we.
    Last edited by pac_zao; 11-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.

aha

well yea i agree if he was still alive not many people would be saying stuff like that about him..dont think he would be the type to call names on the net(unlike so so many)he would probably just have a sparring match or fight to prove his worth,then goodbye teeth...show some respect for one of the martial arts greatest men,wouldnt be much wing chun and definitely no jkd around if it wasnt for him...

Bruce Lee was a poseur!!

Whataaaaaa!! Whaaaaa! Ohwwwa-waaa!!

Like previous posts said, he'd have found his way back to forms. (what else can ya practice at age 65?)

Yeah, so what I stole his footwork. Many have fallen prey to it. B!@tches!!

originally posted by pac_zao
    interesting...

what is your definition of real kung fu? because i would like to know what type of kung fu bruce lee was suppose to learn.

but no one would be saying these things if he was still alive straight to his face now would we.
    I would not only say it to his face, I would immediately start throwing kicks and punches at him. Hoping that he would try and parry so I could bridge, and WHAATAAH!! his ass straight back to Hollywood!! Why do people think he was such an indestructable fighter?!?!? He rarely got into any real fights and as Joe Lewis said (when comparing a tournament to a swim meet), "here's a guy who never swam and never even showed up to a meet." He made some cool movies, that's it. He would have a lot of trouble dealing with the reach I would have on him (him being 5'7" and me being 6'3" and all).
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 11-27-2006 at 02:59 AM. Reason: quotation
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    A speculation thread.

I speculate he'd be pretty old, no?
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.~ Confucius

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I would have gotten my green belt in jkd, and been upgraded to the Black Belt Club. He then would have his program director call me up two months later and have me cash out my program and/or upgrade to the Master's Club, where i can then learn the double nunchaku form.
    Imight then be eledgable for the intsructor's program, or perhaps an opportunity to invest in a franchise.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 11-28-2006 at 10:33 PM.

teh deadhorsezors refuses to death!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

We wouldn't have this Bruce Lee theme park....

No, I'm not joking....

CHINESE government officials are planning a Bruce Lee theme park, complete with a rollercoaster that emits the martial arts actor’s signature grunts and screams on high-speed bends.

According to local reports, the park will be patrolled by Bruce Lee “mannequin robots”, radio-controlled from within a giant statue of the late star.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...9-2340351.html

Now THAT would be a great Westworld remake!

I wonder if they'll have a Hall of Mirrors you can go and smash up....
    Last edited by ShaolinGirl; 11-30-2006 at 11:00 AM. Reason: the usual typos...

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    I would not only say it to his face, I would immediately start throwing kicks and punches at him. Hoping that he would try and parry so I could bridge, and WHAATAAH!! his ass straight back to Hollywood!! Why do people think he was such an indestructable fighter?!?!? He rarely got into any real fights and as Joe Lewis said (when comparing a tournament to a swim meet), "here's a guy who never swam and never even showed up to a meet." He made some cool movies, that's it. He would have a lot of trouble dealing with the reach I would have on him (him being 5'7" and me being 6'3" and all).
    Another "keyboard warrior" makes himself known. Bruce would have all 6'3" of you laid out dead or unconcious.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinGirl View Post
    No, I'm not joking....

CHINESE government officials are planning a Bruce Lee theme park, complete with a rollercoaster that emits the martial arts actor’s signature grunts and screams on high-speed bends.

According to local reports, the park will be patrolled by Bruce Lee “mannequin robots”, radio-controlled from within a giant statue of the late star.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...9-2340351.html

Now THAT would be a great Westworld remake!

I wonder if they'll have a Hall of Mirrors you can go and smash up....
    During the Mao Tse Tung era of Communist China, this sort of capitalist pig endeavor would not have happened. The new pragmatism of the PRC has changed much of that. I believe there is a saying in the PRC. "It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches the mouse". In other words, it doesn't make any different what economic system makes the PRC prosper, as long as it does make for a healthy economy.

With this in mind, why not capitalize on the Bruce Lee image? It should rake in all kinds of RMB (and $).
    Last edited by Dim Wit Mak; 11-30-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    Figure Eight

Brucey Lee

If Bruce Lee were alive today, I personally know a dozen fighters who be drawing straws, or kicking each others butt to get to a piece of him.
    He had six months of formal training from the Whit Crane, and then headed to the good old U.S. to make a buck with the basic training he learned.
    And that is what got him killed.
    He not only made the White Crane look bad, but he was warned not to be teaching them White Eyes.
    And so it goes.

I'm sure if you could pry the lips open on some of the Green Dragon Folks You would find the truth.