Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart Charka Blossem Question

Greetings..

Bak Sing and Scott: Nicely articulated!! I do find that it is beneficial to have a "map" of where we are going.. breath-work, alone, will reveal a myriad of possibilities, it is not without merit to have an intended result.. not that we should attach ourselves to that result(s), but.. rather to recognize the results as they manifest.. to sort out unintended consequences or distractions from the intended result..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Hi Bob,

I agree with you somewhat. While there is a place for wandering aimlessly within the depths of our mind, eventually a general idea of where we intend to go is beneficial. But then after all, if someone is meditating they have some purpose or direction inherent within their intent and practice or there would be no real need to engage in such activity. However, I prefer to think of it as a general direction, or as a generalized map staying open-minded towards changing direction according to what transpires as the journey unfolds. Where we end up is seldom where we intended to go in the first place because what we learn along the way changes our perspective and therefore our goal.

My only caution is to those who become preoccupied with the pursuit of so called psychic abilities. While I don’t believe these phenomena need be avoided they may also become distractions. But then what in life is not potentially a distraction. We may just as easily be trapped by the pursuit of character cultivation, (or ego transcendence).

It is inherently our attachment to phenomena that creates the difficulty not the phenomena in and of itself.

Hi.

If the abilities can be attained and someone has no ego i say do it and acheive them cause we live our lives in enough crap, why not acheive something you want if it doesnt hurt anyone you know what i mean?!

Garry

Greetings..

Psychic or paranormal abilities seem to be a bit misleading in their interpretation.. i sense that they are quite normal to the human experience, not common, but.. an aspect of being human that is present for the disciplined seeker.. the issue that seems to cultivate problems is between those that have attained some level of these abilities and those that want them.. those that have the abilities either recognize the abilities as natural and continue their journey.. or, recognize the power potential over those that want the abilities and capitalize on it..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Yes

I hope that no one misinterpreted my comments. Yi or intent, is very important. All I was saying is at the beginning, do the breathwork first. Once that has become natural or "effortless", we can use the intention for other things (guiding, directing,visualizing, etc.) Meditation is important, but I found learning to breathe properly and directing intention only toward the breath, at first, to be highly beneficial. Then the intent can be clear and unconcerned with mechanics. As far as developing any "special" abilities or gungs (psychic or otherwise) my humble advise is "lust not for result".
    Last edited by Bak Sing; 09-15-2006 at 12:58 PM.