Thread: "Ging" generation

"Ging" generation

What is working best out there to better facilitate Ging?

A.) Is it a set of excercizes targeted to specific body parts?

B.) Is it practicing forms/katas slowly and snapping on follow through and incorporating sam jin sau (sp)?

C.) Is it whipping through the forms/katas for ideal muscle memory?

D.) Is it something completely different?

In my extemely limited experience, I get the most out of training forms at a 40-50% speed initialy, and marginally increasing the speed each time thereafter. I've completed the 1st set (gung ji fuk fu kuen) of my chosen style Hung Kuen, and training for testing soon. In the next couple of weeks, if sifu thinks I'm ready, I will begin fu hok training, the second set. As I have stated in previous posts, I'm very stiff, and my nickname will never be "quicksilver", but I know with the aid of my sifu, coupled with the vast experience on this forum, (through all styles and lineages) and lastly, my due diligence, I can be a much better martial artist.

Iv'e only been on this board for a short period of time , but I've learned a great deal, especially on cross-stylistic approaches to training.

I have also heard that punching thru suspended newspaper is a good practice as well.
    Last edited by Wil-Hung; 08-23-2006 at 05:20 AM. Reason: completion of thought,
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!