Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally a teacher...

Oh yea, first I listened to the teacher his list of training. Only in the end I asked if he did also sticky hands, push ends and applications.

I would never dream to look at the fighting part if I can't even breathe properly through the solo form.

As my plan is going there, forget all I ever did in the past with the video and do step by step what the teacher (I don't think the word master is appropriate in this case) says. I am sure my form is full of errors of postures due to the fact of not having someone correcting me. Going there as the one who knows everything would be really idiot of me. By going there as the one who knows nothing on the other hand I will have all to gain and nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by charyuop View Post
    Try and read this article (and there are others, just an example).
    http://www.dotaichi.com/Articles/TaiChiSanShou.htm

When Tai Chi was created the main idea was "surviving". In China, like in Europe too, there was more violence than today and knowing how to fight was a "must". I really don't think that they created a fighting style thinking "wait, this is healthy...".
    You insist on calling it a fighting style. I don't think you considered my questions too deeply

If you go to Russia you will find that many men there live past the 90 years of age and none of them I guess practice Tai Chi. In certain countries (due to enviroment and alimentation) life expectation is higher than in other places. I agree that moving your body and joints continuosly helps to reach older ages with good health in movements,
    Naivety. People in other countries do live to an old age. The statement was not that a person must do Tai Chi in order to live to an old age. The statement was it could help a person who was not blessed with whatever it is that makes people live to an old age naturally, live to an older age.

but I really don't think Tai Chi or Ba Gua will let you live 100 years. Do you think there are no internal martial arts practitioners who died younger or suffer from arthritis?
    Hmmm. I guess you did not look at the Ba Gua video thread in this sub forum then? The man performing in the video lived to be 111 or so.

It is a shame that your thinking does not match actual reality.

Tai Chi is healthier ok, but don't make of it a miracle maker now. Health can get bad internal martial arts or not.
    You have been poisoned. You have been poisoned by evil people like Unkokusai. You have allowed yourself to adopt their negative persona. No good will come of it.

What I do is open up people's minds. I say this or that and their brain will begin to open up. They will begin to get a taste of what it really means to be a human being. This statement is not empty words. Your mind will literally open or grow if you listen to and think about what I say.

This process and the open mind itself are delicate. It only takes a few negative words or a negative attitude to interrupt the process and make the mind snap shut again.

Finding someone who can teach you to wave your arms and legs about is easy. There is a school that teaches that every 5 blocks or so. Finding someone who can open your mind is relatively rare. You might look 5 or 10 years to find someone who can do that.

baka

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMoronic View Post
    You insist on calling it a fighting style.

Because that's what it is, you idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by HappehMoronic View Post
    What I do is open up people's minds.

No, what you do is annoy people. Go back to your Dragonball and pointy-feet theories, happeh.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMnemonic View Post
    You have been poisoned. You have been poisoned by evil people like Unkokusai.
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Go back to your Dragonball and pointy-feet theories, happeh.
    damm1t unko - you poison us all with your pointy-headed negativity! get thou behind me, you Satan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    damm1t unko - you poison us all with your pointy-headed negativity! get thou behind me, you Satan!!!
    I'm sorry! Oh, if only someone could help me; lift the shackles from my mind and make me................*voice of mel gibson at the end of BraveHeart when he yells 'freedom!'*...........HUMAN!!!!!!!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MohnnyJnemonic View Post
    What I do is open up people's minds.
    yeah, you're the flammin' human can opener...

Quote Originally Posted by YnnhoJcinomenM View Post
    I say this or that and their brain will begin to open up.
    and the realization that you are a wack job will burst forth...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    They will begin to get a taste of what it really means to be a human being.
    how fortunate that you are around for us trogs to have the chance to realize our intrinsic humanity...

Quote Originally Posted by IbnAbnLabnBluberttySnoosgow View Post
    This statement is not empty words.
    yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalicious is the Ultimate Bubble700180
    Your mind will literally open or grow if you listen to and think about what I say.
    grow tired of you, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by wackadoodledooooo View Post
    This process and the open mind itself are delicate. It only takes a few negative words or a negative attitude to interrupt the process and make the mind snap shut again.
    sprooingggg!

Quote Originally Posted by J(Happeh)o(Happeh)h(Happeh)n(Happeh)n(Happeh)y(Hap peh)M(Happeh)n(Happeh)e(Happeh)m(Happeh)o(Happeh)n (Happeh)i(Happeh)c View Post
    Finding someone who can teach you to wave your arms and legs about is easy. There is a school that teaches that every 5 blocks or so.
    yeah, that whole Arm Waving Francise - like Kung-Fu Starbucks...

Quote Originally Posted by I am Happeh View Post
    Finding someone who can open your mind is relatively rare. You might look 5 or 10 years to find someone who can do that.
    unfotunately, even when we don't seek, a nut-job like you manifests spontaneously

c'mon Happeh - givve us that link to your home-page...

cjurakpt Guest
    BTW, just keeping a running tally of "evil" people in the World According to JM: Tai Chi Bob, Scott Brown, YiLiQuan1, unkokusai, myself - it's turning into a regular who's who...

You insist on calling it a fighting style. I don't think you considered my questions too deeply
    Who taught you Tai Chi? You master never mentioned to you Tai Chi IS a fighting style? I can't consider it too deeply when it is wrong in the basics.

Naivety. People in other countries do live to an old age. The statement was not that a person must do Tai Chi in order to live to an old age. The statement was it could help a person who was not blessed with whatever it is that makes people live to an old age naturally, live to an older age.
    And of course you can prove it right? Reach an old age healthy is one thing, but that makes you live longer I doubt you can prove it.

Hmmm. I guess you did not look at the Ba Gua video thread in this sub forum then? The man performing in the video lived to be 111 or so.
    It is a shame that your thinking does not match actual reality.
    Yes I watched that video and I even answered to the thread. As I said, moving body and joints helps to keep healthier, but could you say that man without Ba Gua would have died before 111 without any doubt?

You have been poisoned. You have been poisoned by evil people like Unkokusai. You have allowed yourself to adopt their negative persona. No good will come of it.
    No offense for anyone, but I don't think I have ever read any message from anyone regarding this subject. People happen to have their own ideas and believes.

What I do is open up people's minds. I say this or that and their brain will begin to open up. They will begin to get a taste of what it really means to be a human being. This statement is not empty words. Your mind will literally open or grow if you listen to and think about what I say.
    Man you are full of yourself....

Finding someone who can teach you to wave your arms and legs about is easy. There is a school that teaches that every 5 blocks or so. Finding someone who can open your mind is relatively rare. You might look 5 or 10 years to find someone who can do that.
    Well I looked for 2 years and didn't even find the one who taught me how to wave my arms and legs...the closest school is 2 hours away by car. But maybe you can use your mystical words to show me a good school 5 blocks away from where I live.

Who taught you Tai Chi? You master never mentioned to you Tai Chi IS a fighting style? I can't consider it too deeply when it is wrong in the basics.
    You would not know them. Why does it matter?

And of course you can prove it right? Reach an old age healthy is one thing, but that makes you live longer I doubt you can prove it.
    Foolishness. Argumentative. Time Wasting.

Yes I watched that video and I even answered to the thread. As I said, moving body and joints helps to keep healthier, but could you say that man without Ba Gua would have died before 111 without any doubt?
    Timewasting. Argumentative. No useful point.

No offense for anyone, but I don't think I have ever read any message from anyone regarding this subject. People happen to have their own ideas and believes.
    You didn't read the other messages in this thread? Just mine? That is odd.

Man you are full of yourself....
    Statement of fact sullied by your sarcasm.

That is the poison I am talking about. You do not have to make these short comments to me. I will make you think about that in a bit.

Well I looked for 2 years and didn't even find the one who taught me how to wave my arms and legs...the closest school is 2 hours away by car. But maybe you can use your mystical words to show me a good school 5 blocks away from where I live.
    More sarcasm that borders on hate.

Mr Charyuop. I am going to try one more time.

Kung fu does not change just your body. The style of kung fu that you practice will influence your brain. Your personality, your attitude and your thinking are all influenced by your kung fu style.

Kung fu also strongly affects the health of a person. You can choose a kung fu that makes you very powerful. There is usually a price to pay. Some part of your body is being overstressed to create that power. You will be a strong man. As long as you live.

When you read my posts, what do you see? You see someone who writes paragraphs and paragraphs trying to get an idea across or trying to impart a feeling. My posts could be described as "watering and fertilizing ideas in the minds of others so that the grow".

My words and way of speech are related to my kung fu. My kung fu is about growing upwards towards spirituality or holiness. It is about having a healthy body and living a healthy life. It is about being a good person who is an asset to the community they are a part of.

When you read the posts by Unkokusai, what do you see? You see short, sharp one line responses that are full of hate. That is the kung fu of Unkokusai. His kung fu is a brutal kind of kung fu that hits and pummels the other person until they cannot take it anymore. The kung fu of Unkokusai is for killing things.

Do you want to emulate Unkokusai? Do you want to be a killer that stomps things? Unkokusai cannot control himself. When he see's something positive or something growing, his killer kung fu forces him to stomp and kill. He is not in control of himself. He is controlled by his kung fu.

I find it hard to believe that Unkokusai would be viewed as an asset to the community. He does not add his own knowledge to a discussion. He just stomps on everyone elses knowledge. Unkokusai's words and behavior would make people physically ill. His hate would make their heart's hurt. They would need to stay away from him to protect the health of their heart.

--------

If you look at my posts, you will see that overall I am a postive person. Most of my language is phrased so that it tries to push people upwards. Why would I do this?

When people talk about spiritual or holiness, which direction is holiness or spirituality associated with? The direction up. Towards heaven.

If you look at posts by unkokusai or his sock puppets, what do we see? We see hurtful language that is designed to push people downwards. Why would they do this?

In terms of spirituality and holiness, what is the direction down associated with? Down is where hell is. Down is where Satan lives.

----------------------

If you have the time, I need you to perform an experiment. If you choose to do the experiment and you are an imaginative or sensitive person, you should learn something life changing.

Start at the beginning of this thread and read the messages. When you read one of my messages, you should feel an actual physical feeling of moving upwards. Or perhaps your brain will feel as if it is opening up. Or maybe your heart might feel as if it is getting bigger. This can also manifest itself as uneasiness or nervousness. It depends on how tight and/or receptive you are. You may feel nothing at all. It depends on your sensitivity and imagination.

Then, while holding on to the feelings evoked by my messages, read the next messages by the hurtful people. You should feel as if your whole being is being forced downwards into the ground. You should feel like you are being stomped on. If you are sensitive, you might actually feel a pain in your heart.

If you cannot see any of what I say, or you cannot feel anything during the experiment, I will have to declare defeat. You will have to wait for some unknown number of years until you change. Then someone else like me will come along and start the lesson all over again. They will say the exact same things I am saying now. They will listen to your responses to see if you have changed. If you have not changed, they will go away and the process will repeat. Years will go by until it is possible you have changed. Another good samaritan will appear and talk to you to see if you are ready.

There is no benefit in being hurtful, sarcastic or disrespectful. If you drive me away, what will you have left? Is Unkokusai going to teach you something you want to know? He never has before has he? He only showed up here to get into between you and I so that you cannot receive what I have to give.

Quote Originally Posted by happehMoronic View Post
    You would not know them.

Because they don't exist. You have never studied anything other than the padding on the inside of your cell.

Kung fu does not change just your body. The style of kung fu that you practice will influence your brain. Your personality, your attitude and your thinking are all influenced by your kung fu style.

Wow, then I can only assume that you are a grandmaster of InsipidAnnoyingA**hole-Fu.
    Last edited by unkokusai; 08-22-2006 at 11:16 AM.

If you look at my posts, you will see that overall I am a
    Overall you are an annoying **** and if you post for the next 500 years you will not convince one person that you are some kind of holy man. You have already convinced most everyone that you are some kind of drooling nutjob.

The doctor gave you those pills for a reason. Take them!

There is no benefit in being hurtful, sarcastic or disrespectful. If you drive me away, what will you have left? Is Unkokusai going to teach you something you want to know? He never has before has he? He only showed up here to get into between you and I so that you cannot receive what I have to give.
    Wow...that was kinda hard. Trust me I had to fight hard to read through all of that. I am who I am and I am pretty proud of it.
    There are two things that I have to say about all your "holy preach".
    1_ it took 35 years to build who I am and my personality. If you think that starting the study of a martial art could change me deeply you are 10000% wrong. Sarcasm is something you don't like? Well then stop acting you know everything about me. You are the one making fool of yourself, all my sarcasm does is trying to make you realize that.
    2_ man, I am atheist. I believe in something beyond our understandings, but I don't really believe in all the holy writings around the world. Words written in antient times by unknown people who could have invented everything (no disrespect or offense to the believer please, this is just my position). Said that...what makes you think that your "wanna-be" Jesus-Allah-Buddah.... way of speaking has any somewhat of touch in my soul (and no, not even hate)?

Between us, I really hope this is your "forum personality", because in real world people like you tends to be avoided and left alone.

By the way, now from a non fighting internal martial art you moved to kung fu in case you didn't notice hee hee...it is kinda hard to find some consistency in your words and when you are really with no argumentation to support your opinions it becomes a waste of time! You are wasting my time, thank you!