Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok who is going to wong 2006 this weekend?

ok who is going to wong 2006 this weekend?

ok who is going to wong 2006 this weekend? title of thread explains it all. whos going? I usually see tentigers the past 2 times i went in 03 and 04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    and yuo will see me again! I am only bringing three students, it was a rough summer.
    so I guess I dont get my name in the magazine this year

Wong 2006

Excuse the ignorance - is this Yee's Wong Fei Hung Tourney? I thought that was in September or is it something else? If something else, don't just say something else tell me what please.

Thanks.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

wongs kung fu tournament in washington d.c. is different then the wong fie hung tournament in jersey city in september.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thanks

Okay gottcha...nope won't be there but hoping to be at the one in September.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

I go every year to Wongs, personaly I think it's one of the best events.

Wongs is a great event, now a days I don't go anymore to be part of the top ten done that already. I'm going this year to have a good time and hang around DC for the weekend. The tournament ic on Capitol Hill and held at the Hyatt not just some musty sweaty gymnasium.

Sifu Wong goes out of his way to make it a great tournament every year and some of the finest schools end up down there.

If anyone is interested in going the tourney is Sunday the 20th if you need more info go to wongpeople.com

yeah it was a good time this year. sifu wongs lion dancers are so good every year. i was also surprised to see dr. wong brought students all the way from tennesee. It was cool to see the bak mei forms. dr. wong was good friends with my old sifu's sifu dr. wu. dr. wu helped bring dr. wong to the US and get him set up here and in exchange dr. wong taught dr. wu bakmei. so its really cool to meet the guy that is responsible for my old sifu knowing the style. anyway, there were a lot of good competitors this year. Hope to see you all there next year. maybe we could all meet up and grab lunch or something next time.
    regards,
    steve

i registered. sat night feeling fine. then sunday morning i woke up with an awful stomach ache. i thought i was from the previous day where i had a hang over. but then it just wouldnt go away with no matter what i took. so i tlaked to wong and withdrew. then i left d.c. around 12:30. i felt bad i really wanted to compete.

hopefully next year i wont get sick. im starting to feel better today but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i registered. sat night feeling fine. then sunday morning i woke up with an awful stomach ache. i thought i was from the previous day where i had a hang over. but then it just wouldnt go away with no matter what i took. so i tlaked to wong and withdrew. then i left d.c. around 12:30. i felt bad i really wanted to compete.

hopefully next year i wont get sick. im starting to feel better today but not that much.
    Sorry I missed you not that I know what you look like but you missed a great event.

A word of advise, next time drink after the tournament

yes we will all have to meet up next time.

I kept hearing green cloud's school winning but i didnt actually get to see anyone from the school compete. I saw one dude from TT's school and he was really tearing it up. looked very good. I was there with my old school but i didnt compete bc of my dislocated knee. Its still on the mend.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah, GreenCloud and I always have a great time there. I had the pleasure of sharing a ring with him, and every once in awhile, we'd look up and say,"Is that your guy fighting with my guy?" and we both watch. We root for each others' students, and congratulate them on their victories. I have watched his students grow up, it's like they are family. This is one thing you will see at east coast Kung-Fu tournaments. We cheer each other, our students know theirs, and we compete TOGETHER-WITH each other, rather than AGAINST each other. CLF, Jow-Ga, Hung-Ga, we all get along.
    See you at the Wong Fei-Hung tourney

TT

yeah we toured the mall the day before. everyone in our crew was beat. 6 hours in the sun and dehydrated.

it was honestly something i ate. i feel 100% now. i hope to go next year. im not too sure if my classmates want to go back tell you the truth.

maybe i should learn some choy li fut from my sifu and go compete with that. then i can be one of the southern guys

seriously though, when they did the parade of schools, it looked like there was hardly any northern stylist. I remember the Bak Siu Lam school and I think 2 or three more schools that had brought less students. But Wong's really is as close to a specialized southern event as you can find.

Bye the way, do they, or did they have a grandchampionship type finals? I arrived right at the end of sparring and rolled out right after the men's advanced handset completed. I thought Ten Tigers' guy was pretty good. His upper body power is good and decently controled. Once he develops his legs and waist more into the movements, he'll really stand out, particularly for a Hung stylist.

Although there wasn't any "WOW" type foms in the men's advanced, it was pretty competetive. I think First through Fourth place was really really close in scores.

I hope I can stay longer next time.