Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Knife Attack - Real results

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe View Post
    Are you angry about being romped on the regular by MMA cats?
    Well the MMA cats argue and blah blah blah about ineffective TMA and then always go back to saying the person couldn't have possibly succeded with a TMA it must have been that stint as a wrestler in college or summer training camp in MT that made them so good.

I'm sure you've noticed that around here too?
    A unique snowflake

Who is talking about wrestling?

Winter Palm

Its ok, let it go?

Don't let MMA cats get your panties in a twist. Besides, most of them are arm chair fighters. But this is neither here nor there.

What's at hand here is the fact that someone had to pick up the tab on someone because they were stupid and got f#cked up for that.

I think the guy should work it off in prison for fifty cents an hour.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 08-22-2006 at 01:38 AM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Fierce Tiger,

Just saying that people are always going on about how TMA doesn't work and it must be some other martial sport they studied that allowed them to defend themselves or fight...which I think is nonsense.
    I have no panties to get into a bunch...but it does sound like an interesting time!
    A unique snowflake

On the legal side .. interesting - just night before last, a guy pulls a knife on a cop ( regionally here) - cops shoot him. Considered justifiable. Hmm. (yes, true, look it up). Of course in my little town, cops with tazers are the big thing now, and they'll use them without hesitation.
    "The moon is not affected by the baying of wolves" - TenTigers 6/29/06
    佛山

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Knifefighter you are skeptical as to the truth, well, that's your perogative.
    There were a series of unlikely events, each, by itself, having a low probability of occurring.

1. A knife wielding opponent was incapacitated without a scratch on the victim.
    2. The techniques used were textbook- right out of the forms from his deadly martial arts training.
    3. The defender managed to break the attacker’s arm.
    4. Not only was the elbow broken, the jaw was broken, again with a textbook technique.
    5. All of this took under 10 seconds.
    6. Law enforcement authorities saw fit to arrest the person who was attacked on excessive force charges, even though he was attacked with a deadly weapon.
    7. Prosecutors took the case to court even though it was a case of self-defense and had the possibility of being vilified by the press.
    8. As you can see by the responses on this thread, the average person is highly incensed by charging the victim with a crime. The press eats this stuff up, yet there was no press coverage of this prosecution.
    9. The jury found the defendant not guilty, but the judge elected to force the victim to pay the attackers medical bills even though this type of decision would normally be decided in a separate, civil trial.

When added together, the odds of all of these things occurring is infinitesimal. Of course I am skeptical. I would think most rational people would be skeptical also.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-22-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Hi WInter,

Hows it going matey?? TCMA is the REAL MMA and more just that most kung fu schools dont teach modern day type reality and will do one step attack and defense LMAO!! This is why i have ago at TCMA in ways, an i teach TCMA but i believe and try and show it in reality rather in one step or taking a certain posture etc.

hope all is well!
    Garry

I'm well thanks.

I agree that if you do unrealistic practice, the pudding will be unrealistic.

I am a firm believer in training basics to the utmost and drilling techniques from simple ABC through resisting slightly all the way to free sparring practice with and without protective gear.

It is unfortunate that TCMA has such a reputation because of so many dancey shaolin wushu schools and flimsy new-age hippies...good TCMA looks good, feels good, and certainly isn't limited to that!
    A unique snowflake

Totally agree, **** did i just say that i agree with you?

be easy
    G

true story

I got a story thats just as F***ed up My brothers baby's mom tried to shoot him in front of the children. she missed ( thank God) my brother choked her out... and got charged w/ strangulation. If thats not self defence I don't know what is. He didn't get convicted but she didn't even get charged w/ anything...ANYTHING AT ALL and they (the court) even had pictures of the bullet hole.

The Legal system is truly F***ed up
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; 08-22-2006 at 05:55 PM.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Well the strangulation one is easy. Everybody knows women never start DV, it's always the man's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    When added together, the odds of all of these things occurring is infinitesimal. Of course I am skeptical. I would think most rational people would be skeptical also.
    Yeah I dunno ... crap happens all the time. I once got arrested for a drunk in public because I was being a nice guy and walking a drunk friend home. No test or anything, just stick you in the drunk tank overnight.

Australian courts are a bit whimpy sometimes. Its not an unfamiliar circumstance.

I wonder what would have happened if he had killed him?