Thread: White tea question

White tea question

Teadrinkers

I know white tea can be used for multiple infusions but how long is the max to wait? I've heard that the tea leaves should be used within a couple of hours from the original infusion. I'm wondering if I leave them in my gaiwan for 8-9 hours will they still be ok to use after I get home from work. Thanks

They'll be fine, but the tea won't be very good.

Thanks Zhou, but do you mean as far as taste or benefits?

What's an infusion, and what's a gaiwan?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

If you don't want to let your tea leaves sit, brew a strong infusion, jar it and put it in the fridge. Later, mix it with water to your desired strength and warm or drink it iced. It may not be as good as fresh brewed but it's better than old, soggy leaves.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

Mainly I'm referring to the taste. I don't see a reason why any of the health benifits would suffer, but then again I'm not an expert on them, especially in white tea.

faruq,
    Infusion = a steep
    Gaiwan = that cup that jet li was poisned with in fearless/those chinese cups with lids.

Thanks for the translation.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

thanks guys

it tottally depends

if (by the sounds of it) you are just making a cup of tea for the sole purpose of just having a 'quick cuppa' then yea you can leave it till later, though it wont taste half as nice and a lot of the flavour will be gone.

If im having a quick drink then I will only have cheap tea. I will only ever touch some of my expensive oolongs etc if people are round or I know Im going to savour the moment.

craig