Thread: Sifu Richard Allen

Sifu Richard Allen

I regret to inform everyone that Sifu Richard Allen of Wah Lum passed away. It seems he was found in his school near his altar. Apparently he had been working out. Sifu Allen was known for being high spirited and jovial, always had a funny joke ready. He made my trips in those days to the Wah Lum Temple a lot of fun. He also was very helpful in my training and always seemed to assist others. Sympathy to the family and friends.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Richard

My sympathy to his family and friends. We had many good laughs in China during the Shaolin International Tournament.
    He will be missed by many, always in a good mood and laughing.

Bummer. Much respect and sympathy to the fam.
    Did he have a heart attack or something? I hope to go out training with a smile!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Cause of death is unknown at this time.

Richard was the real deal. Spent time as a bouncer and trained some of the military's Special Forces. He told me many stories of his time training and hanging out with Al Dacasos. Let's just say they practiced under real circumstances.

He had a unique sense of humor as anyone who knew him could attest. It ranged from shocking to outrageous, details of which I will not disclose in public.

His Kung Fu was hardcore and there were times I was lucky to be able to make it out to the car to drive home. Some of the Wah Lum guys might remember the green iron bar he put on our legs during Bai Fu Sow.

He will be missed by everyone who's live he touched.

Richard was a great guy. The first day I met him he took care of me like a brother. A very giving guy.

The last time I spent time with him he told me some hair raising stories about his time with the Rangers in Vietnam. I dont think I could be half as brave or courageous.

He will be missed.

I add my condolences to family, friends and students. When the circle of life ends there is often great sorrow.
    Figure Eight

Greetings..

Richard was a remarkable influence on my son (not always what i preferred, but always well intended and the kids loved him).. Richard's humor was dark and twisted, matched only by his dedication to Kung Fu.. He was a very good teacher, able to get the message across, with meaning if necessary.. He and i crossed paths in SE Asia (unbeknownst at the time), he was the real deal in many ways..

R.I.P. Brother.. <respectful bow>
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

I thought he was a Ranger but didn't want to say so without being sure about it. I know he lived a tough life but seemed to breeze through it with a smile. I can't say that I've ever seen him anything but smiling and enjoying life.

A good role model in that regard. Now his humor, that was, ah, unique.

I can relate to Richards sense of humor, must have come from the same mold. Ha, I have some video of Denny doing some forms, and in the background Richards barking out with some pretty funny sh*t, just hysterical! You never knew what was next with this guy, and in some ways, I do the same thing.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I met Richard during my first visit to the Wah Lum temple for training, and his 'unique' style of humor, which was directed towards me several times to my great dismay, will always remain a very big part of it.

He touched many lives in the very best way, and he'll be missed.

- CS

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Condolences to his immediate family and kung fu family alike.

Sounds like he was someone I would have liked a lot.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Trust me Oso, you would have liked the guy.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

well, shucks, we should have gone down fayetville way one weekend and beat up some army boys.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

My condolences as well. I wish the best for his family and friends through this time of sorrow. OMG, he was character. I didnt know him as well as most of you, but if you were in Wah lum, you heard all about Richard and his crazy pranks / gags.Dnt kno who was worse, Richard or crazy Frank, lol. They both were a riot!!!! Anyway. Richard has always been a pillar of Wah Lum, hei will most definitely be missed throughout the WL community, as well as the CMA community... Good man....

Sifu Ron...
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!