Thread: Overcoming distractions.

Overcoming distractions.

This is gonna sound like a "P-P", and you can tell me to go fly a kite, but with the diverse crowd on this site, it could be beneficial. Do you find that overall personal issues either singularly or all inclusive (work problems, spouse driving you nuts and stressing you out, money issues, teen age kids issues, etc) the list is long and distinguished (cut to Ice's partner in TopGun "So's my J******!!)... anyway dothese issue tend to fuel your training desire, or stifle it. These irritants bug me more than they should, and I want to correct that. Give examples in general terms if you have them. I'm not trying to turn this into "All my Children".
    Sometimes these things are predictive of a great workout, other times, it sabotages it.

Your thoughts.
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!

Hey man,

I think it can go either way depending on the person and the situation. There are people who just want to sleep when they encounter problems and then there are those who need to vent it. Also a situation can come up that makes you feel miserable and not want to move, while others may light a fire to workout till you pass out.

To be honest, when I train or workout...or do anything for that matter which is geared towards improving MYSELF, I tend to focus solely on what I am doing (forms, drills, etc) and try and leave whatever baggage I'm carrying to be picked up afterwards. If you can find 1-2 hours/day for yourself where any problems do not follow you then as long as you make USE of that time (doing things that benift yourself) I think you'll find that your general view on things will improve and the problems that seemed to be overwhelming you are now suddenly manageable.

Physical training helps you overcome physical limitations and in the process you will learn to do the same mentally.

Good luck!

sometimes life happens.

i just try to keep in mind that no matter how stressed i am, i always feel better after a good workout.

if your spending 3 to 4 hours a day training and ignoring your family and jobs around the house you need to restore ballance and dont expect to be patted on the back for doing so (i personally am really bad about this ... i expect to get credit for improving on things i should have been doing to begin with). if you are putting in an hour or two a day and making sure to give your family the same then don't let people give you guilt trips. you deserve that time for yourself. some men have golf, drinking, or *****s .... we have martial arts. at least our time is spent on self betterment.
    where's my beer?

I'd say I'm a pretty extreme case of someone who lets distractions get in the way. This last one has pretty much sapped my will to even train for anything but fitness. To my defense though, training used to be about going down to the gym to get in a good workout and hang out with some good friends. Out here I still haven't found my niche yet. The boxing gym's kinda fun, but I'm gonna have to wait on it until it gets a lil cooler outside.

I finally got my closure on my situation, though. So we'll see what happens as I get back to normal.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I can't afford distraction - I don't pay attention, I either get hurt or make zero progress.

For the next few years, the only thing I have real control over is my training. I'm not about to do it half-assed.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

vash is the main man!

theres 2 kinds of distraction :
    1. distractions that mean you have to be in a different physical place than training
    2. mental distractions, emotional/life problems etc

1 suck not alot you can do if thats what your priorities are gotta do what you gotta do, work, helping people out, sorting things out etc. there a decision just take it.

2 dont even come into it. ive been through some bad times in the past and training has been whats got me through. like vash says you got to give it 100% so all the life **** gets blocked out your in a different environment different head space so its awesome. i never feel better than after training no matter if i got beaten up, puked up, sore or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by stricker View Post
    i never feel better than after training no matter if i got beaten up, puked up, sore or anything.
    I used to have that mindset, b4 kidz, marriage, etc. I've recently been brought to the point where it is train, or go insane. I used to love to puke after a solid w/o. Thanks.
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!