Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: aye, here there be Dragons...

Hey Soy,

Yeah, some weird and wonderful things happen during meditation!

Isnt it funny how we can picture dragons in our minds but never have seen a dragon?

FT

How many years of meditation did it take before you started experiencing this kind of stuff? Any chi projection skills yet, bro? Oh, and by the way, soykuil's are very painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Soykuil View Post
    Cool thread,
    hey FT.
    well guys, my story is i have been meditating for a while now and have experienced some really coll things.

In one i was floating among the clouds in my seated med position with the dragon circling arond me as if in a protective state (atleast i think). i was looking down and all i saw were clouds.

Other times i was seeing the past, present and future ( i mean soilders in ancient rome, ancient cities etc.) then i saw aliens etc.

Another time my third eye was throbbing from energy. Now i can always feel my third eye getting energy coming in

thats al i can think of for now.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Faruq

check your PM!

Did, and sent you one back!

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger View Post
    Faruq

check your PM!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Faruq,
    FT is my sifu and i have been training the chi for a few yrs now with him doing our ykm internal system. i have been meditating on and off for yrs but recently i started doing them on a daily basis.

We practice on each other different things, you know testing the chi, among other things.

Yeah soykuils are the best!!!!!! LOL
    Be Soft,Relaxed with no Intent and that brings out the speed, chi and power!

I can't wait to see what kind of internal stuff you and FT are training 10 years from now. How many internal people are there out there who are actually interested in fighting with their stuff, right? And how often do you hear of internal martial training period? Martial is definately not associated with internal as often as it is with external, as you can find external martial training (however low the quality) in practically every McDojo in America. But how many qualified internal fighters? So I'm glad youse guys have them out where youse guys are.

Faruq,

There is many things that happen during internal training, learning about how your body works and levels of how the energy gets manifested. Ive broken through a new door in the last 2-3 weeks which i am very happy about. How many levels are there during internal training i dont know but so far im my internal YKM form ive come across 7 different levels of attaining and progressing how i play the form and what ive accomplished!

This is just a beginning there is also additives on top of how the body is used during a form for instance, stillness i call it or dragon body which is more alive, 6 harmonies and so forth.

Garry

Yeah, doesn't surprise me Garry because I always knew you were right on the money with your knowledge and training! I just hope one day to have knowledge as powerful as yours to train.

Faruq,

Thanks, but truely i am nothing and all you need is to listen to whats happening with in and out of you. Sounds silly but you actually can feel many things going on! Standing meditation and moving meds can be th most powerful tool to get you to know so much about yourself and how to apply to everything not just martial arts. For instance Yi Chuan has no forms just meds but they call themselves the warriors of stillness, mostly all internal arts will have some sort of sitting , standing and moving meds that will develop certain attributes for whatever purpose you need.

Train smart is the key not always physcial you feel me?

Garry

Dragons and things...

I used to see dragons and other entities quite a bit. I was meditating every day and just seemed to have a more "spiritual" way of perceiving the world. After college I pretty much fell away from the meditating. But I occasionally experimented with certain recreational substances and still would have odd things happen every once and awhile. I got tired of the partying after a few years, and the experiances seemed to mostly go away. Then I started training in Okinawan Kempo, which (like so many arts) is external in the beginning but gets more and more internal as your training continues. I noticed as I began to work on chi development that some of the "odd occurances" began to return.
    One particular time I had spent the better part of the day meditating, doing qigong and forms. I went to the bathroom to answer nature's call and glanced in the mirror over the sink in passing. It certainly LOOKED like I could see both my image and a dragon's image, superimposed. Or maybe the dragons, face was coming out of my face, I don't know. Well, when you see something like that, you gotta stop and look. After a few moments it faded.

I don't THINK I'm crazy, but I could be wrong!

Cheesedog

I know of a guy that teachers Jujustu and his students said he made his face look like a lion and they ran out? He was playing around with some spiritual stuff or what not at the time.

Garry

Yeah, but are the Yi Quan people gonna make their high-level stuff available to the general public? I'm just saying, you've got the YKM internal stuff to train, the Wun Yuen internal stuff to train, and all that sounds like some powerful stuff. I just hope to have that kind of stuff to train myself one day.

But I think you're pretty advanced, and that's why you get so much out of just sitting and listening to yourself and body, or standing and listening to yourself. But you had to start with powerful sitting, standing and moving meds that you say all internal arts have. I hope to one day have the standind and moving meds that you speak of.

Faruq,

Thanks, but truely i am nothing and all you need is to listen to whats happening with in and out of you. Sounds silly but you actually can feel many things going on! Standing meditation and moving meds can be th most powerful tool to get you to know so much about yourself and how to apply to everything not just martial arts. For instance Yi Chuan has no forms just meds but they call themselves the warriors of stillness, mostly all internal arts will have some sort of sitting , standing and moving meds that will develop certain attributes for whatever purpose you need.

Train smart is the key not always physcial you feel me?

Garry

Not really, basic sitting and standing is all you need and will and can take you to different levels.

I dont know if my previous external has lead me to understand the internal or my recent knoweledge of wun yuen and ykm has developed it?

Garry

I bet it has, because I don't remember you saying too much about internal 7 or 8 years back, and now you're "John the Baptist" spreading your Gospel of internal. I am sooooo glad I came across your website looking for jow all those years back. Just too bad I didn't live in Oz, or I might be skilled like you and Soykuil now! You're a fortunate person Garry, and I'm happy you've found what your martial career has always been leading up to.

I dont know if my previous external has lead me to understand the internal or my recent knoweledge of wun yuen and ykm has developed it?

Garry

yeah, years ago i was more into the fast external methods although ive had the YKM Internal since 92.

You just need to train!!