Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: why is there no contemporary wushu forum ?

well okay

i see your points and they are very valid
    i wish KFM all the best u take over the world keep your magazine the best arund
    i hope u come to the uk and get big enough to afford more forums and such
    i hope u incorporate jiayo eventually and dont sell out to a massive evil corporation
    i hope that u keep this magazine this personal and relative to the readers ( i think that its really cool tht i can talk to someone very high up in the magazine and that u respond to everyone i rle appreciate that ) so in other words
    do well get big and put up more forums (eventually lol)
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Sorry Gene I wasn't being a wise ass, my mother in laws name is Jean and yes it's short for Jeanie.

Is Gene short for Eugene I'l just call you Mr. Ching from now on, hows that

~G

you bring up a pretty funny point regarding contention in validity of martial arts.

It brings to mind the treatise by George Silver from 1599 about the decay of sword arts in europe. lol

even the euros didn't like flashy non combative stuff back in the day.

anywho, i can only imagine all the guys trained in trad that have kmt sympathizer teachers just getting bombastic on a wu shu forum. It would explode into a million pieces in the first week.

or maybe not.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Know your history

That's exactly my point, KL. If you read history, the debate about against flamboyant non-combative styles is part of every martial tradition. This further weakens the old argument that it poses any threat to the perpetuation traditional arts. It's more about fighters belly-aching about the pretty boys.

GC - wait that's my initials - yes, Gene is short for Eugene. But I usually go by Gene in the martial circles, or one of my Chinese names - definately not Mr. Ching. There are two Mr. Chings here at Tiger Claw so that gets a bit confusing. Actually, the other Ching is leaving, so I am the only one now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yea I know what you mean Gene in my case it's my first name, just go into any diner in NY and ask for Gus.

I am obviously both the best poster and in posession of the sharpest debating skills.

O that men for their defence would but give their mind to practice the true fight indeed and learn to bear true Chinese wards for their defence, which if they had it in perfect practice, I speak it of my own knowledge that those imperfect PRC devices with running jumps and flying kicks would be clean cast aside and of no account of all such as blind affections do not lead beyond the bounds of reason.

i know u r

but what am i
    the best debater on here see lol

That's debateable

sunfist, golden arhat, I'm still trying to find the verb in your posts above.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i must retreat to the mountains and search for a master who can teach me the 108 invincible debating skills of death lol

right its been a while
    so gene
    can we get one now ??

If you want a wushu forum I suggest you go to an "alternative lifestyle" forum.

Just joking
    Bless you

Go back to the mountains for more training, GA

Look at our present cover, hitting the newsstands right now. That's Wu Bin, considered by many to be the father of modern wushu. Do you see any discussion threads about him on our forum anywhere?

Now go look at Jiayo. They've already got a thread started, dated Jan 31st. Fast little dudes, those wushu guys, aren't they? If you want to talk wushu in depth, go over to Jiayo. They rock for wushu.

Obviously, those 108 invincible debating skills of death need some more polishing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not that i'm in a better spot as far as "debating" skills are concerned but Gene's last comment made me feel embarrassed don't know why but it did , hey man, most people here if not all people in here are into "hardcore on the ground" CMA , also for my defence i don't have access to KFM in my home country as i used to when i was in Canada............., dang why am i justifying myself

why am i justifying myself

I'm not clear on your comment, Hishaam. Are you feeling embarrassed because you're a hardcore on the ground CMA dude and could care less about wushu or because you're a wushu dude that didn't comment on the post. It doesn't really matter. Don't be embarrassed

Remember when we had the race for the reviews of the new issue on this forum? I really enjoyed those.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm not clear on your comment, Hishaam. Are you feeling embarrassed because you're a hardcore on the ground CMA dude and could care less about wushu or because you're a wushu dude that didn't comment on the post. It doesn't really matter. Don't be embarrassed

Remember when we had the race for the reviews of the new issue on this forum? I really enjoyed those.
    About the hardcore comment, i was kidding, i'm no martial art "nazi", i do appreciate the efforts those guys make to get to perform the way they do. I mean the key word is respect. By embarassed, i meant since we're members of the KFM forums, we should've been the first to debate about that story.

PS: I train in Wing Chun