Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee?

Coffee rules. I'm hopelessly addicted.

So who takes cream and sugar in theirs? I rarely do. Generally if I'm having an afternoon or evening cup I might take some, but never in my morning brew. I've come to the conclusion that I don't consider people who drink theirs with cream and/or sugar to be 'real' coffee drinkers.

i guess I'm not a real coffee drinker then. I do like to take a few sips before adding it, and its different if its from a french press.
    Bless you

Cafe Con Leche

Growing up in central Florida I was reared up on Spanish coffee. There are countless coffee bean companies thru out Tampa. Nothing like the smell of roasting coffee. Cool thing to do is drop into one of the small neighborhood Cuban eateries and order up some bread and coffee. But that chocolate cherry brownie sounds pretty **** good Oso!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Coffee,mmmmmm........ Love it. A recent convert to drinking it black, and tastes so much better. I live near a great shop that roasts on the premises, and the smell often wafts over near my house. Too much and I start getting a bit jittery though! Tried giving up, but then actually decided that I didn't need to give it up, so enjoy it all the more now!
    Gone right off cappucinos etc as you don't get the real taste , and no one can ever get the froth stiff enough for my liking!

if any of you ever find yourself in china and can get to the yunnan province they make the best coffee i have ever had. they make great potato dishes there too.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

So who takes cream and sugar in theirs?

I like my coffee like I like my wimmin: strong, sweet and creamy.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Espresso for me please. Nothin like a couple of cups of that then working out !!

espresso (or exspresso as so many in Pittsburgh say) and espresso based drinks are good, but the person needs to know how to make them right.
    Bless you

It's gotta be black, and don't ever put that flavored crap in front of me.

I'm down to one Dunkin Doughnuts mug (no papercups please) a day and I always have a big bag of DD beans around. I've gotten good cups out of some of the Millstone coffees and the beans at the local high end supermarket here.

Hey TaiChiBob, I'm having a cup of java right now with some chocolate that I picked up on vacation. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I used to be a coffee junkie, but I found I would get dizzy and would **** through the eye of a needle, so I cut down to about 2 and a half litres a day!

Then I found when I got asthma it made my asthma much worse, so now I have about one cup a day in the morning.

I used to do all the home grinding and organic fairtrade arabicas and whatnot, but now it's whatever. Never touch instant though!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Greetings..

rogue: Ahhhh.. yep, i have some semi-sweet dark chocolate baking morsels in a tupperware container right here on the desk.. a good mug of java and a hand-full of morsels.. mmmmmm.. We brew a Kenya AA usually, but.. a nice pot of Haitian Blue works well, too.. ooohh, and after dinner, a square or two of Godiva's raspberry dark chocolate with a strongly brewed Kona... then, Taiji gets interesting..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

My favorite and what I just finished off was a nice dark chocolate with a caramel filling. I'm now a very happy camper.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Pumpkin Spice Frap! YOWZA BABY!!!!!!!!
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

I too have fallen prey to the delicious addiction of the black water. I have worked in local indie cafe's for years and it never ceases to amaze me the different varieties of coffee that are out there. I recently got into roasting the green coffee(out of vortex hot air roasters to roasting it right in an iron ore skillet on the stove.) The key to great coffee is the grind

i do clinical research studies for extra cash and i have to quit caffeine all together for the duration of the studies.(the withdrawl off the caffiene is terrible i tell ya) headaches body aches and restlessness.

I am off the coffee right now and have been for the past few weeks. i am not sure if i am going to get back on it though,this last withdrawl bout was pretty intense. i mean i am an avid green tea drinker(which has caffeine) and i wont quit that. but i am not sure if i should go back to drinking coffee. Im prolly going to stay with green tea and ginseng for my energy levels.

my favorite coffee is KONA and the Costa Rican Coffee's. they are the best in my opinion.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

TWS: hey, another member of the home roasting cult!
    i've converted 2 of my taiji brothers since i started home roasting, and they are as addicted as i am! my favorites are the indonesians: sulawesi, sumatra, java. i just finished a 5lb bag of beans from the island of flores in indonesia--really nice stuff. this morning i had some sulawesi in the french press. it was smooth and flavorful, with none of the crampy i-gotta-sh!t-right now! feeling that the commercial coffees can give you. in fact, since i started home roasting, i never get that feeling from my brews.. granted, it still has that effect, it's just MUCH gentler on the bowels.
    i was also surprised to find out that india produces some really great beans--very deep, earthy flavors with a very heavy body in the cup.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.