Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I know my roaster. I hand grind my beans just before brewing, using two small scoops of beans. I preheat my decanter, and bloom and brew my coffee in a Chemex. I brew at around 205-208F.

Bloom with 60g of water. Brew with just under 20 oz of water.
    ^ Hipster Freak!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't really like starbucks coffee. I'm not into the whole over roast thing. I likes mine oldschool.

I usually use my perc or french press. Not the best coffee ever, but great for the effort I put in. I like coffee, but for me it's just a drug at this point. I have my morning fix, my first coffee break fix and then I stick with water for the rest of the day. As I look around I see people drinking pop, juice, and that watered down juice crap they sell as names like "vitamin water". I'm thinking maaaan, no wonder you people are all fat with skin rashes and shit. Always makes me laugh when people bitch about their health as they inhale chips or fast food and wash it down with the sugar water a gallon at a time. My basic rule is to not eat anything made by a machine. Of course there are exceptions. I'm the same way with my coffee beans. Whole beans, preferably roasted locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I know my roaster. I hand grind my beans just before brewing, using two small scoops of beans. I preheat my decanter, and bloom and brew my coffee in a Chemex. I brew at around 205-208F.

Bloom with 60g of water. Brew with just under 20 oz of water.
    Drizzy doesn't fuck around.

Damn Drake, you're serious about your coffee! I bet it tastes good though.

I recently planted several Kona coffee trees from seed. Just like many of the other trees and bushes in my little fledgling orchard I won't be harvesting anything for at least 2 to 5 years. Sigh! Ah well, at least they will be pretty to look at until I can get some of those beans.

I like coffee too, I use a Saeco Royal Professional grinder coffee maker, grinds and brews by cup, you can choose espresso , or double or full or half size cups, great machine .

My coffee would intrigue your man-bits.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

speaking of starbucks

The Strange Case of the Starbucks Juice Poison Plot
    Alexander Abad-Santos 778 Views 8:37 AM ET

Very bad news: A woman in San Jose tried to poison orange juice drinkers at a Starbucks by swapping in juice bottles filled with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. Somewhat good news: She's not on a tainted OJ rampage, and nobody would really drink a "toxic" smelling bottle of juice at a Starbucks, would they?

Police arrested 50-year-old Ramineh Behbehanian for "felony poisoning" Monday night. The San Jose Mercury News has play-by-play of what happened at the Starbucks on Snell Avenue in Southern San Jose:

According to San Jose police, Behbehanian had walked into the shop around 3:45 p.m. when a customer reported seeing her remove two bottles of orange juice from her purse and placed them alongside other refrigerated items in the store. When the customer alerted store staff, the woman fled from the store.

According to police, one of the bottles Behbehanian temporarily placed in the refrigerated case was filled with a mixture of juice and rubbing alcohol; the other was a mix of juice and acetone nail polish remover. According to the National Library of Medicine, drinking nail polish remover can even put you into a coma and cause shortness of breath. And the Betty Ford Center notes that the "lethal dose of isopropyl alcohol by mouth in adult humans is about 8 ounces."

Thanks to surveillance video cameras, San Jose PD officers were able to track down the suspect's license plate. The question now is if Behbehanian swapped her tainted juices at other stores. Investigators, ABC San Jose reports, don't believe her poison scheme spread to other cafés, but "Starbucks says it is checking its bottled beverages at other nearby stores." If she did infect other OJs, let's hope that customers would be able to smell the acetone and alcohol before they consumed it — the employees and store manager at the tainted Starbucks noticed a "toxic smell," according to multiple reports.

If found guilty of "felony poisoning," Behbehanian could face up to five years in jail — and she could face three more years because she used a substance that "may cause death" or "great bodily injury" upon another person. Police say her motive is unclear at the moment.
    And swap man-bits with woman-bits.
    Woman Gets Upset After Starbucks Writes "Vagina" Instead of "Virginia"

Whoops. A Hong Kong Starbucks made one customer unhappy after totally screwing up a first name. Imagine that! A Starbucks spelling fail? Impossible.

On the Hong Kong Starbucks' Facebook page (via HongWrong), a customer posted an image of the fail, writing:

This is my sister's cuppa [SIC] from your HKU branch. Fancy your staff not being able to spell an American name like Virginia. Forgiving she has been with every misspelled cup. Her cup was once 'Virgin'. Every Starbucks experience for her has been coupled with fear and anticipation. But THIS is just UNACCEPTABLE. Starbucks HK, you have to buck up or just not spell your customer's name anyway. It is a derogatory attitude even if it is unintentional. What do you have to say about this?

On Facebook, the comment has been liked over a thousand times. Some are calling the photo a fake, while others think it's unfair to expect Hong Kong's non-American staff to be able to spell American names. Starbucks is a global corporation!

If real, I doubt this was done to be mean. Well, I sure hope it wasn't.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Really, people are feeling anxiety over misspelled names in diff languages?

Really?

Do these people have such uneventful boring thumb up their ass lives that this is even a thought past the whole "haha look they got it wrong in a bad way"???

I'm almost embarrassed for them... almost....!!!

seriously....my first kungfu teacher called me lustis for years. i didnt care
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I don't get why people are so down on Starbucks.

I'd rather go to a Starbucks where I can count on reasonable customer service vs. some ******* who's ****ed about having to work instead of whatever it is they think they'd rather be doing.

and, I happen to like the way their French roast tastes...I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, sweet and creamy
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I like how they offer benefits to PT employees. Pretty cool for a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    seriously....my first kungfu teacher called me lustis for years. i didnt care
    I was "Ska" until a few months ago. . .

thats badass ur like op ivy
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats badass ur like op ivy
    I'm just relieved he didn't call me "scat" for 7 years.

whats your name?