Thread: 8 step sifu

8 step sifu

There is a sifu in Vermillion SD, my friend lives up their. and is thinking about training Does anyone know of him
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; 08-24-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Hello Shadow,
    The man you are speaking about is my old kung fu brother. His name is kevin Loftus and he has been practicing and teaching 8 step for several years now 16 I believe, and is very good and a wealth of knowledge. He is from our family lineage from master Chiang Hua Long, Feng Hui Yi, Wei Xaio Tung and Shyun Kwong Long and I dont think you will find a better player in South Dakota. Good luck keep us posted
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

8 step and other mantis styles

first thanks for the info.
    second what is the difference between 8 step and other northern mantis styles
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

well many things but in particular the footwork.
    It was comprised from other stlyes like ba gua to give the practioner a better advantage with circular and angular footwork which was more efficient than previous styles. as well as expending less engergy to over come your opponent than that of the monkey footwork in earlier styles, hope this helps
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."