Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! I've lost my bottle....

I agree. I think because I had never done any MA before, it has all been really new to me, and definitely takes time to get practising "real" technique in sparring. Our teacher is getting us to think about using technique when sparring now, which is all kind of beginning to make sense. I'm also trying to do more work without the pads, just to start thinking properly about what Im using. i'm realising now that it does take time , and getting used to hitting someone, which isnt natural ,to me anyway, takes time . It's a really good point abot not being all about winning. One of the guys who I dont want to spar with is all about hte winning at the moment, and doesnt really seem to try out new techniques, but just throwing big punches and spinning kicks that he hasnt got the hang of yet!

You could use that guy as an example...If he is bigger than you your objective then must be to make sure you dont get hit ( or at least get hit less!) so when sparring him concentrate on not getting hit whilst getting your hits in.

He will soon get ****ed off hitting fresh air.

Fighting is about timing and distance. If you can be at the right distance at the right time you'll be successful.

keep at it though as the more you do the better you get....

There was a famous golfer (gary Player I think) who after sinking a chip shot on the 18th green at St Andrews to win the open was being interviewed for TV. The TV guy said ' wow what a lucky shot to win the open with ?!"

Gary Player replied ' Its funny, the harder i pratcise the luckier i get !"