Thread: krabi krabong in Thailand?

krabi krabong in Thailand?

Hi all. I'm heading to Thailand soon & I was wondering if anyone here has trained in krabi krabong, especially in Thailand. I know there are a few schools that train foreigners, just looking for some first hand reports on schedule & intensity of training, how welcomed you felt as a foreigner, cost, etc.

Training in Thailand

I have some good insider info which, I hope, you may find helpful.

Feel free to E-Mial me on the subject.

Regards

Case Ash
    case ash

Any particular reason you want to keep things private?

I'm sure this would be of general interest. Anyway, I'm very curious since this is something I've been considering as well as I may well be visiting Thailand at length at some point.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

I have a few associates in the uh.. 'trading' buissness whos paying tribute. A few have been there and trained in some style of Muay Thai. Don't sure where. Sorry this doesn't help at all
    Nevermind.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Um...OK. Maybe it wasn't clear that what I'm looking for is actual concrete info on specific places to train krabi krabong in Thailand. And let me refine that a little. I'm in Thailand now & just spent 3 days in Bangkok. I now know that there's no way I could spend any length of time in the Bangkok area - too crowded, polluted, etc. I understand that the main center for krabi krabong training here is Buddhaisawan in Thonburi, just across the river from Bangkok. So unfortunately that's out. What I'm now looking for is info on training in krabi krabong elsewhere in the country (Chiang Mai?). Maybe I'm reaching here but hey, that's what the forum's for, right?

ANy links to krabi Krabong? I'd like some info..

Our latest ezine offering

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart