Thread: Favourite Samurai movie...

Hybrid View

Samurai Flicks

The Seven Samurai discussion reminded me:

Anyone see Taboo?

As far as "gay" films go, pretty **** good! At first, I was like, "What the hell is up with this?" But it's a good movie. Just be careful of who walks in on ya. Make sure they stay for the wole thing. Last thing you want is to be caught on the edge of your seat with popcorn watching two guys go at it ... without swords! Or with, but not the sharp type.

Re: Samurai Flicks

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    The Seven Samurai discussion reminded me:

Anyone see Taboo?

As far as "gay" films go, pretty **** good!
    I don't think that I'd be holding myself out to be any authority on this particular genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Everyone knows Samurai used to pound one another, just like the Romans. It's that whole "love among warriors" thing.

I'm glad Chinese Kung Fu masters chose to pass on this custom.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Judge Pen: pretty funny ... wise a$$.

Favourite Samurai movie...

Seeing there was a favourite Kung Fu movie thread , thought I would start a Samurai thread.However, at the moment I'm in turmoil as I can't think of my favourite!
    I can think of my favourite Samurai movie with tap dancing in, but that's about it. I really have problems making decisions!
    It may be too obvious to say Seven Samurai, which is probably the truth, so I may say the entire Lone Wolf and Cub series instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    I can think of my favourite Samurai movie with tap dancing in, but that's about it. :

LOL

Yeah, Takeshi was a big fan of tap himself before his accident.

Zatoichi by Beat Takeshi. Nice CG work on the bloody scenes. Regards!
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Seven Samurai pwns all.

But, after that...

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Ran

Hidden Fortress

I'd have to agree with MK

Seven Samurai is one of my favorite films of all time. And Kurosawa is one of my favorite directors. All the Kurosawa/Mifune colloborations are outstanding. On the flip side, I hated Takeshi's Zatoichi. We discussed that here some time ago.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Masazo Nonaka

The Key to Longevity for the World's Oldest Person Alive? Sumo Wrestling and Hot Springs
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS Updated: April 11, 2018 8:27 AM ET

(TOKYO) — Masazo Nonaka has enjoyed soaking in northern Japan’s hot springs for many years — probably longer than most people.

The supercentenarian, whose family has run a hot springs inn for four generations, was certified Tuesday as the world’s oldest living man, at age 112 years, 259 days.

Nonaka received the certificate from Guinness World Records in a ceremony at his home in Ashoro, on Japan’s northern main island of Hokkaido, and celebrated with a big cake decorated with berries.

Born on July 25, 1905, Nonaka grew up in a large family and succeeded his parents running the inn. The 105-year-old inn is now run by his granddaughter Yuko. He regularly soaks in the springs and also enjoys eating sweets, especially cakes.

Nonaka, wearing a knit cap and a kimono-style jacket, flashed a smile and posed for a group photo with his family, making a victory sign with his right hand.

He dug into the cake with a spoon after it was cut, and said, “Delicious,” according to NHK public television.

“Thank you,” he said.

His family members say Nonaka still moves about by himself in a wheelchair.

He reads a newspaper after breakfast every morning, and loves to watch sumo wrestling and samurai dramas on TV. But his favorite pastime is soaking in the hot springs and relaxing.

Nonaka has outlived all seven of his siblings, as well as his wife and two of their five children.

He is one of about 67,800 centenarians in Japan, the fastest-aging country in the world, with the highest average life expectancy — 80.98 for men and 87.14 for women, according to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.

Guinness says Nonaka replaced Francisco Olivera of Spain, who died earlier this year at age 113, as the world’s oldest man.

A 117-year-old Japanese woman, Nabi Tajima, who is currently the oldest living person in Japan, is expected to be certified as the world’s oldest person, replacing Violet Moss-Brown of Jamaica, who died in September at age 117.
    Hot springs, sumo wrestling and samurai dramas FTW!

THREADS:
    Give it up to the elderly!!!!!
    Sumo
    Favourite Samurai movie
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart