Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Samurai movie...

Samurai Flicks

The Seven Samurai discussion reminded me:

Anyone see Taboo?

As far as "gay" films go, pretty **** good! At first, I was like, "What the hell is up with this?" But it's a good movie. Just be careful of who walks in on ya. Make sure they stay for the wole thing. Last thing you want is to be caught on the edge of your seat with popcorn watching two guys go at it ... without swords! Or with, but not the sharp type.

Re: Samurai Flicks

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    The Seven Samurai discussion reminded me:

Anyone see Taboo?

As far as "gay" films go, pretty **** good!
    I don't think that I'd be holding myself out to be any authority on this particular genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Everyone knows Samurai used to pound one another, just like the Romans. It's that whole "love among warriors" thing.

I'm glad Chinese Kung Fu masters chose to pass on this custom.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Judge Pen: pretty funny ... wise a$$.

Favourite Samurai movie...

Seeing there was a favourite Kung Fu movie thread , thought I would start a Samurai thread.However, at the moment I'm in turmoil as I can't think of my favourite!
    I can think of my favourite Samurai movie with tap dancing in, but that's about it. I really have problems making decisions!
    It may be too obvious to say Seven Samurai, which is probably the truth, so I may say the entire Lone Wolf and Cub series instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    I can think of my favourite Samurai movie with tap dancing in, but that's about it. :

LOL

Yeah, Takeshi was a big fan of tap himself before his accident.

Zatoichi by Beat Takeshi. Nice CG work on the bloody scenes. Regards!
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Seven Samurai pwns all.

But, after that...

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Ran

Hidden Fortress

I'd have to agree with MK

Seven Samurai is one of my favorite films of all time. And Kurosawa is one of my favorite directors. All the Kurosawa/Mifune colloborations are outstanding. On the flip side, I hated Takeshi's Zatoichi. We discussed that here some time ago.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yep, I would have to say Seven Samurai too.

I would have to go with zatoichi or lone wolf and cub. My fav zatoichi that I have seen is chest of gold and only seen the first 4 LW and C's, but have to say the first one is the best.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Have you seen any Lady Snowblood films ? Seen Blizzard from the Netherworld, it's excellent. Good to see a woman wielding a sword and causing some major blood spurts! It's based on a manga by Kazuo Koike, who also wrote the manga Lone Wolf and Cub. I have some of those , they are excellent!
    Last edited by Su Lin; 08-28-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Seven Samurai is one of my favorite films of all time. And Kurosawa is one of my favorite directors. All the Kurosawa/Mifune colloborations are outstanding. On the flip side, I hated Takeshi's Zatoichi. We discussed that here some time ago.
    Seven Samurai has recently been re-issued:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/dvd/revie...?id=1800116040

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    Have you seen any Lady Snowblood films ? Seen Blizzard from the Netherworld, it's excellent. Good to see a woman wielding a sword and causing some major blood spurts! It's based on a manga by Kazuo Koike, who also wrote the manga Lone Wolf and Cub. I have some of those , they are excellent!
    Nope, trying to finish up LW and C, I have two left. Just finished the 4th and LOVED it. Ogami may not be invincible
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Sword in the Moon. it Koreans

oh and this funny one called Kill!

Zaotoichi owns all by the way.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin