Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Judo

I'm in love with judo. That is all.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm in love with judo. That is all.
    she'll break your heart, man....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    me to.......
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Judo is pretty **** awesome.

If not for sushi I'd hazard it as being the best cultural product to come out of Japan.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Seriously, I really wish I had started judo years ago.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Seriously, I really wish I had started judo years ago.
    Ain't life a beyotch?! I feel the same way.

Ya heh, I still value my CMA training, but I just wish I had gotten involved in a throwing art a long time ago. The dojo I joined has a great group of guys. Very open minded, humble, fun and friendly. High caliber of guys there, several black belts. Some pretty tough guys. Sessions are broken into two parts. First half is conditioning, second is partner drilling and sparring. Loving it. I get to train four days a week for only 50 bucks a month.

Ya heh, I still value my CMA training, but I just wish I had gotten involved in a throwing art a long time ago...
    Yeah - it's just different, but you get where I'm coming from with how it'll make you better in being able to use CMA?

When is your first comp?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Yeah - it's just different, but you get where I'm coming from with how it'll make you better in being able to use CMA?
    Oh definately! I can tell its going to be an ongoing 'eye opener' for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    When is your first comp?
    lol

not sure, not quite on my horizon yet, there is a local comp coming up pretty soon but i wont be ready for that, maybe the next one!! I am looking forward to it though.

lol

not sure, not quite on my horizon yet, there is a local comp coming up pretty soon but i wont be ready for that, maybe the next one!! I am looking forward to it though.
    The best time to compete is when you're a white/green belt. After brown, everyone gets serious.

Just thought I would share an inspiring article here about my Judo instructor. If anyone ever moves to Portland, or is in Portland and interested in Judo, come check out the place!! Being a Judo noob is lots of fun, and I feel extremely fortunate to have started my experience here at Portland Judo. Sensei is a true class act.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...retiremen.html

http://www.portlandjudo.com

Just thought I would share an inspiring article here about my Judo instructor. If anyone ever moves to Portland, or is in Portland and interested in Judo, come check out the place!! Being a Judo noob is lots of fun, and I feel extremely fortunate to have started my experience here at Portland Judo. Sensei is a true class act.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...retiremen.html

http://www.portlandjudo.com
    Retired at 40
    That's awesome! He's truly living the life. Cool article and good story. Thanks for sharing.

How's the Judo going Lucas?