Thread: Diet goals

Diet goals

To start off, I am not concerned with losing or gaining weight. I have no tournaments in the near future to make weight so this is just in general. What do I want from the foods I eat? 1 overall health 2 energy for training 3 recovery from workouts.

my plan

every bit of bread should be whole grain. Eat some 'good carbs' (rice, whole grains, oats) paired with quality protein for 3 large meals a day. Also with these various fruits and vegetables. multiple snacks (granola, cereal, ect.) between these meals, to keep blood sugar even and energy levels well. whey protein shake after workout for recovery. Tons of water, way more than 8 cups every day. Coffee and tea (vices!) only sweetend things (artifically) is sugar in coffee and possibly something post workout.
    milk (for the slow digesting protein) before sleep at night. Is anyone else doing similar things? Any suggestions, ways to improve?
    Bless you

I'm not an expert in this area but I've always been concerned about my diet.

I just finished reading Ross Enamait's book "Never Gymless" http://www.rosstraining.com/

It's all about body weight exercises and conditioning. But there is a whole section dedicated to nutrition. The main thing that he trys to stress in this section is the amount of chemicals in our food supply. And the adverse and still unknown affects these chemicals have on our bodies.

He talks about the preservatives in many foods. The growth hormones and antibiotics given to cattle and chickens so they will grow quicker and will not get sick in un-sanitary conditions.

He recommends eating more organic food. Food that is processed without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.

Of course, making the switch over to only organic food is not easy and is a little pricey.

So I've started with breakfast. I used to eat a bowl of cold cereal ever day and maybe an egg. I've switched over to eating hot oatmeal with some crushed walnuts, raisins and some cinamon.

Soon I plan to switch over to organic fruit and veggies and eventually only organic meat.

Basically, look at the labels. Don't eat anything you can't pronounce.

Just some thoughts.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

tuna and salmon are good. not canned tuna fish as much as tuna filets. they are high protien which of course aids in the repairing of muscle and tuna has almost no fat. Salmon has fat but it is the 'healthy' kind. also salmon is chock full of omega 3's which are supposed to be great for your heart. hope it helps.

whats bad about canned tuna?
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    whats bad about canned tuna?
    All tuna is potentially bad for you because of mercury poisoning.

Think about it. Many fish are caught right off the cost of the United States. Our coastline waters are some of the most polluted waters in the world.

Think about lobsters for a minute. Alot of lobsters are caught right off the North East Coast. There is A LOT of industry in that part of the country and much of the waste ends up in the ocean. It gets filtered right through the lobsters and ends up in our bodies when we eat them.

You can eat this stuff but I wouldn't eat it all the time. Nasty.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

but i thought a lot of canned stuff was from farm raised tuna. this is wrong?
    where's my beer?

Gda,
    Lot Of Sodium, Buy Low Sodium Canned Tuna. Don't Have It More Than 3x A Week
    -lee