Shaolin has sent representative troupes to many temples across China, but this is the first I've heard of them taking over one (or four). I haven't chased down the original source story yet, so I'll remain a little skeptical.
Shaolin monks take over Yunnan temples
By Chen Qian | 2009-9-15

VISITORS to four temples in southwest China's Yunnan Province will soon experience Shaolin kung fu after the famous Shaolin temple has taken over their management.

The four 2,000-year-old temples in Guandu District of Kunming, the capital, will open to the public in the name of Guandu Shaolin Temple free from tomorrow, reported Website e.kunming.cn.

The 1,500-year-old Shaolin temple took over the day-to-day management of the four Kunming temples from November 24 last year under a trusteeship agreement over the next 20 years.

"Cultural tourism will surely be boosted by the fame of Shaolin temple," said Dou Weibao, the commissioner of ethnic and religious affairs in Guandu District.

Currently there are 46 monks in the Guandu temples and more than 80 people from Sichuan, Guizhou and Yunnan provinces are studying martial arts there.

The 5-yuan (75 US cents) admission fee for the four temples was scrapped to encourage more visitors, according to the report.

Shaolin temple in Henan Province is famous for its association with Chinese martial arts. Shi Yongxin, the abbot of Shaolin temple, denied the trusteeship model was too commercial although the action has received plenty of online criticism.