Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Self Defense Stories

Interesting posts, Chiang Po. You've got ME thinking.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

The following altercation made me a true believer in the power of knees. A few years back I was at a bar with friends when some drunk assclown bumped into me and then started talking trash. I tried to diffuse the situation but he kept on, I guess he was trying to impress his friends. He kept talking smack and at the time I smoked so I flipped my cigarette into his face, hitting his eye, then followed up with a right cross, knocking him on his ass. He fell down and everyone laughed and he was thrown out since I was well known at this bar. He stood outside the bar for about ten minutes screaming for me to come out and fight. So, I did. When I got outside he started backpeddling and saying he didn't want to fight. He had his hand up in front of him, palms out, walking toward me saying he just wanted to talk to me. As he got closer he threw a wild haymaker with his right that missed me by a mile at which time I closed in, clinched his head in a Muay Thai clinch, threw one good roundhouse to his thigh, then started kneeing his body and head. He fell on his knees and tried to grab my legs but I still had his head in the clinch and delivered one good knee to his nose that knocked him out cold. Afterward I went back inside, got drunk with friends and was treated as the hero of the night.

SAS 5 second knockout?

Anyone heard or know anything about the SAS 5 second knockout?
    "Let's get the hell out of here" - J. T. Kirk. in City on the Edge of Forever

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

"Mens Sana In Corpore Sano"

Follow the advice of Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick".

"Regulate the breath, and thereby control the mind."
    -- B.K.S. Iyengar

Never heard of it? What is it?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

sas five second knockout

he SAS five second knockout
    (thing) by DMan (4.9 y) (print) ? 1 C! Thu May 25 2000 at 12:50:05

An unarmed self-defense technique advised by the SAS (Special Air Service). Although brutal, it is highly effective, and will take down almost any assailant. Personally, I'd rather be armed than unarmed if I'm caught in a situation like this. Screw gun control. In any case, here it is.

1. Since most people are right-handed, their first attack is likely to a right-handed punch. Block it with your left arm. If the attacker is left-handed, reverse the left-rights in this sequence of moves.

2. Continuing the blocking motion of your left arm, continue with a two-finger jab to the eyes. Although this is a very brutal move, it is extremely important to throw the attacker off balance and hence allow you to follow up with the rest of the sequence, and this does an excellent job. Anyways, better him than you.

3. The last move should have left the attacker wide open. Follow up with a right-handed palm strike to the chin. This should put the attacker on the ground and convince him to leave.

4. If the person is still unconvinced, step forward with your left leg, swing your body around, lean in and strike with your left elbow on the chin or face. Use your hips to maximize the force of the attack. This usually guarantees a knockout.

5. If somehow the person is still acting hostile, step in, grab his shoulders, and knee him in the groin as hard as you can. At this point, you can simply walk away.

This technique has been tried and tested. However, hesitation at any step would ruin the sequence and open you to attack. Admittedly, some of these moves are very violent, but it is self-defense, after all. Practice it and make it one fluid motion. It will discourage any attacker.
    "Let's get the hell out of here" - J. T. Kirk. in City on the Edge of Forever

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

"Mens Sana In Corpore Sano"

Follow the advice of Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick".

"Regulate the breath, and thereby control the mind."
    -- B.K.S. Iyengar

I think I'd have to see a clip of it being performed before I tried it myself, or at least see Kuen Po illustrations of this technique.

The only 5 second knockout I know of is the solar plexus punch. A downward slap, sort of like slapping your knee, into the upper stomach, right where the gut connects to the sternum, will drop you in about 5 seconds. A light chop will do it, but the slap distributes a great deal of shock directly into the solar plexus, which will make you feel like you have just been gutted. I have seen very large men urinate themselves as they were gasping for breath, on the way down to the ground. If a person has a bit of a beer gut it works even better. You administer the blow, and back off and count to five. He may start toward you, but will quickly collapse.
    Never do a 2 finger eye poke. It is too feeble. If you are threatened and believe you are just before being attacked and beaten, take a none aggressive stance. The pigeon toed stance, with one hand over your solar plexus and one slightly above that. The hands literally cupped with the palms toward you. This looks like you are more afraid than aggressive. Then with the hands, both of them, reach out as smoothly as you can, and as quickly as you can, and gouge your finger tips into his eyes. One hand for each eye. The Bil Jee is not done as a spear thrust, but more as a limp hand until the fingers are in position and then the hand comes alive and stiffens as it is shoved or driven into the eye sockets. You can put your weight behind this. From that point on, you can just practice any of the techniques you are curious about. You will have no resistance.
    As a submission hold that is as brutal as it gets, if you can crowd your opponent and get in close to him, reach up and grab his lips in your clenched fist, then as you squeeze, twist and pull, reach around his head and grab his face, driving a thumb deep into his eye socket. I mean with all the force you can. The eye ball will sometimes pop out of the socket. If it does, you can pull it from his head, or you can just hold him. You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

I read of the thumb in the eye socket in a confessions of a mob hitman book.

I was 16 years old living in Pennsylvania. At the time I had never studied any kind of martial art. But I did have years of Saturday morning Black Belt theater uder my belt. I worked at one of the most popular ski shops on the east coast. I was what you would call a "shop rat". I worked in the back of the shop tuning and waxing skis. Every Saturday we would get extremely busy. The only problem was, the ski shop have a very small parking lot. The Shop Rats would get sent out to help people park cars and stuff.

So I'm out in the parking lot on a very busy Saturday and the lot was completely full. My friend had run over to 7/11 to get us some drinks so I was there alone.

I'm standing right in the center of the driveway to the shop waving my arms telling people they need to park across the street because the lot was full.

Well here comes this guy in his mini van all packed up with his family. I'm standing in the driveway telling him that he needs to park across the street. I can see that he is completely livid, screaming his head off at me. I'm saying, I'm sorry, the lot is full, you have to park across the street. He's yelling something like "Get the hell out of the way!".

So the light down the street changes and here comes a ton of traffic bearing down on this guy in his minivan. I see the guy look in his rear view mirror and then back at me and he hits the gas and comes roaring in at me.

I jump out of the way and punch the hood of his minivan at the same time.

He stops and rolls down his window, at this point I"m p!ssed. I yell at him, What the hell are you trying to do kill me? I told you the lot was full! We yell back and forth for a minute or so. He uses some choice words so I match his choice words.

Then I see him begin to unbuckle his seat beat. I say, Oh, what are you going to do, get out and beat me up. Turns out, that's exactly what he had in mind.

He gets out of the van and grabs me by the throat with both hands. I lace my fingers together in front of me and drive my hands upward as hard as I can breaking his grip on my neck. His arms are now totally wide open. I jump in the air and do a jumping side kick right to the center of the guys chest. He goes stumbling back into the hood of his minivan. Everyone in the minivan is just sitting there with their mouths open. Like, oh my god, the shop rat is kicking the cr@p out of dad! I land on the ground, in my best fight stance and I say "COME ON!".

Mr. Minivan then realizes that I'm not going to take his cr@p and says, whoa, take it easy. I say, are you crazy!

In the time it took for this altercation to take place a spot opens up in the lot. Mr. Minivan goes and parks his van. Another customer who saw the whole thing had run inside to tell them that their employee was being attacked.

The owner of the shop comes out and confronts Mr. Minivan. He says, I've been coming to this shop for years and blah blah blah. Your employee did Karate on me blah blah blah. The shop owner asks me if I did Karate on him. I say, that I have no knowledge what so ever of Karate. The shop owner then says that she doesn't care how long he's been a customer and that she doesn't want customers like him at her store.

Mr. Minivan leaves. I gain instant celebrity status at the shop as the shop rat who kicked a customer in the chest.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Not my best fight

I had got into i fight saterday afternoon, i was with some freinds at a local hang out of ours when three guys came up and started messing with geoff and ric who were kind of "Off By Themselves" they started fighting and i went to break it up. After i got up there one of the three guys tried to hit me in the face, i blocked the punch and stepped up and landed a elbow strike right into his stomach then we started wrestling. One of his freinds came up behind me and pulled me off, Then i got knocked out. After he knocked me out him and his freinds ran off because they thought the guy had killed me.

The fight didnt go they way i had expected.

Any tips on taking on multiple opponents at once?

Any tips on taking on multiple opponents at once?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jera View Post
    Any tips on taking on multiple opponents at once?
    1. Make your first shot count.
    2. stay on your feet.
    3. run
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

My own motto is never fight 2 men at once. If you can, talk your way out of it. If you see that you can't, then you try to take one out as quickly as you can. What I would recommend would be to learn several techniques that work well. Techniques that can drop an opponent quickly. Then practice them, train them, and train your weapons. You hands do not have to be clubs, but you need to train them to function like the weapon you need.
    When I was in the service of my country, I was asked to write a manual and train some men that could later train others. I was one of the first NCO's in the Air Force's Air Commandoes. I gave it much thought and came up with 5 good throwing techniques that could be learned quickly and trained easily. Several good hand and foot techniques for inflicting injury and possibly death. Also several techniques for reversing holds, especially if taken to ground. I did so, and I trained 12 men. That was the end of my obligation. I chose Japanese Jujitsu and for blocking and entering into these techniques, I used Wing Chun hand techniques.
    If you want to be able to defend yourself against the average bully type, learn some Hand and arm lock techniques from Jujitsu. If you have access to training, learn some Wing Chun. You do not have to have a black belt to defend against the average guy. In 1970 during the National Karate Championships held in Dallas Texas, a white belt whipped a bunch of black belts to take the honors. It is not how much you know, but how well you know what you do know. Just remember that honor and pride can get you killed. Without pride, you can not be humiliated.

Taking on multiple opponents

The most important thing is strategy..

In a confrontation you want to advance to your nearest opponent don't go in between, because then the others will get their chance..

What you need to do... Is to go for the outer ones on either the left or right sides. If you can then you can use your techniques on that person on the side away from the other opponents while using them as a shield..
    Then drop them like our friend does in this forum. when you drop them try to do it infront of the other ones advancing towards you. When they drop give em a nice kick in...
    This gets them in the way of each other...

Or the other thing grab the first guy and yell 'Come any closer and I'll take his eye out...' Either they back off or he loses friends! lol...

.............Or an eye! lol..
    We don't learn how to start fights, but how to finish them!

I like your stratagy. Lose an eye or a friend. I was once told that if a bunch jumps you in a dark place, move deeper into the shadows. In the dark they will have to take care of who they hit, but you don't. Just knock the snot out of anyone you touch.
    Most people will never get into a simple fight. Well, most normal people anyway. And most fights can actually be avoided if one is not intent upon saving his honor. There might be a time though where you will have to fight or get hurt or even killed. It is getting to be more a fact of life these days. If a person is intent upon doing you harm, you have to do something. I always suggest that a person learn a few good techniques really well. Nothing dramatic, nothing that is dangerous to yourself. If you kick higher than your own hip you run the risk of being taken down. Never turn away from an attacker unless it is at a dead run. And don't try anything you might have seen on TV. It is just for looks and probably will not work anyway. And once you learn these few good workable techniques, don't be temped to try them out by getting into a fight. It don't usually work that way.
    When I was in the service I taught some young men a few combat techniques, preparing them for teaching recruits. The very first graduation from the course was blemished by a rash of broken arms downtown on the first weekend of liberty. From then on they didn't get a town pass for a month after they graduated from the course. This sort of shows the tendency for someone to show off a new toy.