Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Self Defense Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.
    this is my new sig.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Da )mn Lee! Did you ever do time? I mean you're a vicious guy. How do you get pushed that far to where you have to learn this stuff? And do you accept students? LOL
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    1. Make your first shot count.
    2. stay on your feet.
    3. run
    Exactly...
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

wow......

I had never heard of tearing of lips, but do remember my dad telling me how cowboys would often bite off a nose or tear off ears when they were rolling around on the ground in a fight. i guess it depends how far you wanna take it....

Well, it's probably easier to keep an ear to the ground, once it's been ripped off. lol.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Well, it's probably easier to keep an ear to the ground, once it's been ripped off. lol.
    grooooaaaannnnnnnn!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po

All I know is this....

Lee Chiang Po is a baaad muthafatha!!!

Just kiddin'...kind of. Actually, he's been one of the most informative people I've ever seen on this forum. Thanks for the input. It's nice to know what works when the **** hits the fan, man. I've often wondered what would work in those last-ditch situations. I always found the solar plexus to be a good target, when it's open--usually in a combination. It'll wind most people. But then, I don't know what it's like in a streetfight, and I hope I never have to. But it's useful knowledge, b/c that's where fights happen. In your expert estimation, do most people put up a good "solid" defense?--that ice pick story was heavy... I understand big guys don't have technique, but they're tanks anyway, so they don't need it....a hook from a 170 lb. guy like me won't knock 'em out. I'm bigger than little, but much smaller than big. What would you suggest?

I tend to go for stomach slaps to shock their system (ala crane), get 'em to lean forward, then palm strikes to chins/hooks to temples, strikes to neck/throat....

Is the groin kick effective? (I know this might sound stupid....but you have more experience in bad situations...) And I mean against a dude who's got one thing on his mind--kicking the **** out of your or even killing you....

But that solar plexus slap---could you go into a little more detail?

I don't quite know what you mean by a "downward slap to the solar plexus"....

What angle of approach are you talking about---like a palm strike, side hand angled downward, striking in a downward manner? How do you get the opening without putting yourself in jeopardy? Is it like the classic chest/lower back strike-compression from the side?

I'm not being daft...I'd just really like to know what might get me out of a real jam...and you're one of the only people I've ever seen on this forum who actually had something useful to say....

If you do happen to bite off an ear or a man's nose, either swallow it or stick it in your pocket. He cannot get it reattached and he will always remember you everytime he looks in the mirror.-----I was a bouncer for eight years and believe me I have my fair share of war stories. I have a few scars to prove it. I got into an altercation one night at a bar I was working at (head of security), this bar was so bad at first that I had to hire people everyother week because, after their first weekend, people tended to quit. But anyway, this guy kept giving the barmaid a hard time and wasn't tipping her. After she complained about the man to me, I went over and spoke with the him. He proceeded to call her a dirty b***h (and a few other select names). At this point, I placed my hand on his shoulder and said "sir you're going to have to leave." He replied by saying "f**k you mother f***er, don't f***ing touch me!" Needless to say, before he had a chance to get up, I put him in a choke, opened the door with his face and threw him out into the parking lot. I told him to leave and that the police were on their way. He gets up off the ground, pulls out a knife, and jumps at me. As his knife was going for my stomach I instinctivly reached down to catch his wrist and his knife plunged into my hand. Luckily he let go of the knife (I think it freaked him out, just as much as it ****ed me off). I took the knife out of my hand and I threw it. Basically to make an already long story short, I grabbed the gentleman and beat him until the police arrived. All the while my bouncers were just standing there with their thumbs up their you know whats. The thing that makes this story great is the fact that the guy who tried to stab me, also tried to sue me and the bar. Maybe stomping on the mans head after he was unconcious may seem a little excessive to some, but I don't think it is. Obviously, he didn't win and he went to jail. A few of the things I learned in all my years of bouncing is that you have to be careful because you never know what someone is capable of. It's important to be attentive to your surroundings and everyone around you. Choose your battles wisely, a lot of times you're better off difusing a situation verbally than physically (although the physical altercation may be a lot more fun, at times).
    How do you beat a man who trains harder than you and who puts himself through more pain than any person ever could? -You don't.