Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Teoul Moon Kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by sholo86 View Post
    MK

The only empty hand form we have that sounds kinda the same as Ko U Kwon is the Huk Ho Kwon (Black Tiger). I will try and send clips of our forms so you can see some of the similarities, but that will not be till I get settled in Florida.

Peace
    No, it's not Black Tiger. This is a version of the form:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23m3BjJkwVc
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-01-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Sorry, that's not one of our forms. The motions at the end part of Ko U Kwon is almost BUT not quite the same as the end part of our Black Tiger form though.
    Teoul
    "In kung fu nothing is given; everything is earned"

Chon Dae Park

You know I can't say much about the Teoul Moon system or Master Yim but I will say this I saw several members of the Korean Wushu Team in the past in particular his student Chon Dae Park. Chon is an incredible athlete close if not on par with Professional Chinese Wushu athletes. He has incredible speed, power & jumping ability.

As mentioned I don't know much about the Teoul Moon system but if Yim coached Chon Dae Park then he has got some serious teaching abilities.

My two cents
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Quote Originally Posted by firepalm View Post
    You know I can't say much about the Teoul Moon system or Master Yim but I will say this I saw several members of the Korean Wushu Team in the past in particular his student Chon Dae Park. Chon is an incredible athlete close if not on par with Professional Chinese Wushu athletes. He has incredible speed, power & jumping ability.

As mentioned I don't know much about the Teoul Moon system but if Yim coached Chon Dae Park then he has got some serious teaching abilities.

My two cents
    Chon Dae Park is one of GM Yim's Wushu students. The team stopped by our old TMKF school in Belleveu, NE and gave us quite an impressive demonstration. I'm not sure if he also studied the Teoul Moon Kung Fu system on the side, but he now has his own Wushu School in South Korea.
    Teoul

Quote Originally Posted by sholo86 View Post
    Trust me, we do traditional chinese MA training. GM Yim used to be the South Korean National Wushu Team Coach and Coordinator but not anymore. He knows all of the Wushu forms being the coach and all and I believe this is where people get confused. Most of the Wushu team members at that time belong to the Teoul Moon School. Some of his students then only wanted to learn Wushu just for the competition. Now he only teaches Teoul Moon. He will, on occasion, teach a student a Wushu form as an incentive if he feels like the student can perform the acrobatics in the form. And when he does, he will tell you right there and then that this is a Wushu Form and not part of the Teoul Moon Curriculum. GM Yim has more integrity than that.

With that said, please send link of that video you spoke of when you find it. Now, there is a video clip posted in one of the Teoul Moon sites that show a two-man spear form, but I think it was posted there to show good Wushu demonstration. Here's the link http://www.teoulmoon.org/index.php
    its slap bang on their home page

ive seen the video a hundred times with no mention of you guys
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

and i still dont see how this school teaches you to fight but ok
    :S
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    its slap bang on their home page

ive seen the video a hundred times with no mention of you guys
    If the link I posted was the "video clip" you were talking about in your earlier post, then, I guess I need to explain it a little bit more...

I'm sorry that you have to view the clip 100 times. The wushu video has nothing to do with Teoul Moon...the owner of the site posted it because he liked the choreography of the two individuals performing the wushu spear set and thought it would be interesting also to his visitors. So, please don't get too confused... Just a heads up also, we were not mentioned in the National Geographic clip either...

I really don't want to make this a sytle vs. style type of discussion but, with regards to your legitimate question about learning how to fight...don't you worry too much about it. Like any other MA out there (to include yours), they all teach offense and defense techniques. Whether you use it properly or not during a confrontation is all up to you. Just be careful cause people nowadays are quick to sue for assault and battery.
    Teoul

Not if you kill them.

Leave no witnesses (see, I mean that in a legal sense, too).

It isn't self-defedants (HWARARARARA!!). It's self-defense. And if you're the defendant, you'd better not leave any plaintiffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopr View Post
    yes he did, plus a couple other teachers.

http://www.chungmookwan.com/

he has his teachers listed under GM Dai Soung Chun.

Coop
    I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, and I don't know how to break it to you, but Chung Moo is a notorious cult. They prey on young adults and children, and discourage them from pursuing education; then they suck in the adults to do this to children; and they make you live in close quarters with other "acolytes" that are a part of the cult, and extort money from you.

I hope you're not one of the adults preying on the children. Please tell me you're an "acolyte". (Otherwise, (disregard if you're not an instructor) you disgust me sir!)

I'm starting to wonder whether or not you guys are an offshoot of the cult that has mind-melded with the Rev. Sun Yeoung-Moon? Pah.....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth just saying it!
    Last edited by Seppukku; 12-02-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Chung Moo Kwan is not Chung Moo Quan - as far as I can determine. The cult created by the fraud and felon John C. Kim (now called Oom Young Doe) is apparently a rip off of Chung Moo Kwan. There appears to be a tremendous gulf between the two.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I don't think you should start defending them unless you have solid info. You risk bringing more acolytes into their cult.

Maybe you should avoid disparaging someone until you know better.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I have my instructor certification and there is no cult stuff here, I am also a former marine, we have 2 sheriffs also in the class. He encourages kids to get there education maybe you have some names mixed up. I study with Master Chun for LST knowledge on Bagua.

Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Seppukku View Post
    I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, and I don't know how to break it to you, but Chung Moo is a notorious cult. They prey on young adults and children, and discourage them from pursuing education; then they suck in the adults to do this to children; and they make you live in close quarters with other "acolytes" that are a part of the cult, and extort money from you.

I hope you're not one of the adults preying on the children. Please tell me you're an "acolyte". (Otherwise, (disregard if you're not an instructor) you disgust me sir!)

I'm starting to wonder whether or not you guys are an offshoot of the cult that has mind-melded with the Rev. Sun Yeoung-Moon? Pah.....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth just saying it!
    Don't be a f@cking idiot. Chun Dai Sun is not related at all to Kim. If you don't trust me follow his lineage chart on mantis cave. It's legit.

However, there is a good probability that Kim studied with and ursurped material from the Korean CMA masters in Seoul.

Royal Dragon has been comparing the korean CMA forms with Kim's material to see just what he stole and how far he got in the CMA circles.

Lin Pan Zhang, Jiang Kyung Fung, Lee De Jiang, and Lu Shu Tien were/are legitmate CMA masters that aree responsible for bringing in, developing, and spreading Chinese arts in Korea.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-02-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Don't be a f@cking idiot. Chun Dai Sun is not related at all to Kim. If you don't trust me follow his lineage chart on mantis cave. It's legit.

However, there is a good probability that Kim studied with and ursurped material from the Korean CMA masters in Seoul.

Royal Dragon has been comparing the korean CMA forms with Kim's material to see just what he stole and how far he got in the CMA circles.

Lin Pan Zhang, Jiang Kyung Fung, Lee De Jiang, and Lu Shu Tien were/are legitmate CMA masters that aree responsible for bringing in, developing, and spreading Chinese arts in Korea.
    Just to clarify the typo...it's YIM, Hon Sok...not KIM and NO we are not part of any Korean cult.

MK, can you clarify your third statement? It sounded like Royal Dragon is investigating Master Yim for stealing something in the CMA world. Am I reading this correctly?

I would also like to add Master Chon, Song Shing (founder of Teoul Moon KF; a student of Lin Pan Zhang and classmate(?) of Lee De Jiang in the Tai Ji Tang Lang system) to the list of Korean Masters responsible for spreading and developing CMA in Korea.
    Teoul