Thread: Doobies

Doobies

When I was a teenager back in the late '70s, am ashamed to say, I smoked a lot of doobies. It was just over an ounce a week which, like gasoline today, was cheap. I smoke before, during lunch and after class while in H.S. . And even more the first year out of school.
    I missed out on a lot of things because of my addiction. Didn't go to college, hung out with people who I thought at the time were my friends. Binge drank untill my stomach couldn't handle it, thankfully. The doctor said it was tearing up the lining in my stomach which was causing the "It feels like I ate razors" sensation after drinking.
    Now I have a job where I made 78k last year, a beautiful wife and two great sons.
    After reading the cigar thread I realized that if I want to set a better example for my sons I have to start doing it. That is why I haven't smoked this year. Now I will be going on vacation in a couple of months to Mexico with them and had planned on the cheap prices for tequilla and cigars down there to restock. What good is it for me to tell them not to smoke and the evils of drinking if I do that in front of them?
    My youngest son picked up a glass of tequilla and smelled it. He coughed and said it smelled horrible. I asked him when he was an adult would he ever drink it. I thought he would say no but instead he said "Probably."
    Now I have two alocoholic brothers and another that died from drinking. My wife's grandfather was an alocoholic. I just got up and counted 10 bottles of whiskey etc. that I have. I am getting rid of it.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

good job !
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

BM2

Do what you can to discourage drinking. Looks like you have this in your family tree, so it will be easier for them to like it. My wife stressed this with her son from the get go and to this day he is against drinking alcohol. Even though I drink beer around the house.

BTW, I grew up in Florida 60`s and 70`s so I can relate to the lettuce.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Everything in moderation, ying/yang. Extremes aren't good no matter which end your on.

Teach them the pros and cons. Explain the dangers. Trust them to make intelligent decisions (your kids aren't dummie, correct?) and make sure they understand you're there for them when they have questions or need help.