Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beer, Blunts, Doobies, BOOBIES : ), water, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Now I know you're full of it. There are two types of cannabis; indica and sativa. It's sativa that will give you that lazy feeling, not indica. Indica is a cleaner high. Doesn't make you tired, doesn't sap energy, doesn't do any of the stuff you're claiming. Indica wont even give you the munchies. If you said sativa would stop you from getting work done you MIGHT be correct if the person had no motivation anyway.
    Won't even give you the munchies ... hehehe You obviously never met my room-mates. You know why people get cotton mouth? I think you're full of it.

BTW there's not just two types of cannabis. At least the grower types had many strains, even one from Afghanistan.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-01-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Well, I guess it's better you complain about weed than women, Neil. What are your thoughts on women who smoke weed?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Back to the ad hominem attacks. Oh, well. BTW I checked out the photos and yep, that Humbolt stuff was definitely indica ... Judging by how my friends ploughed through the junk food, I think you're wrong about the lack of munchy effect.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Well think about it. Wondering why the taiji or bagua or xingyi people don't do any serious applications work or striking ... they probably are getting toked all the time, and probably before class too.

Violence is evil, so we shouldn't learn to defend ourselves. Smoke another one, dude ...
    hippies would still be dirty if there was no weed in the world.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    hippies would still be dirty if there was no weed in the world.
    When I was in college at one point I grew my hair out, and people started asking me where to buy pot, just randomly on the street.

The ironic thing was I actually knew where to buy it, too. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    This is extremely interesting. Who would figure a lot of KF people would be defending pot smoking so much?

No wonder martial arts has gotten so mellow over the years.

You know, this could explain the entire weird dynamics of the Seattle MA scene ... all the granola hippie non striking types.

Wow.
    I'm more of an SF pothead. Been dry for about 6 years now...excepting my trips home every other summer which are generally kicked off with an all nighter of bong hits and video games. Last summer it was Ghost Recon.

Drugs are more trouble than they are worth.........in China.

Back in LA though...lol.

Note to self: Lungshan is like, totally square dude.

Before I came to China I was smoking about an eighth a week. I never smoked before my gongfu class but almost always prefaced solo workouts with a couple hits. Helped get me in the mood. Anyone here remember the scandal with the winter olypic dudes who took the gold in snowboarding or somehting like that and then they wanted to take their medals away for drug use......pot. rofl. First time I even heard pot being accused of being a performance enhancer.

Mostly I'm not going to bother to defend pot smoking because I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the tea totallers like Liunghsan. You don't like it? Dont' smoke. Back in LA I had friends who did and friends who didn't and we all hung out together. The stereotype just doesn't hold.

I won't say it's "good" but yeah, I WILL compare it to booze. Why not. There's nothing good about booze either or about chocolate or bucketloads of coffee or ben&jerries ice cream or 18 year old scotch. But those are all things that make like enjoyable so I indulge. I with Bill Hicks on this one.

Well, that really explains it. Anyways thanks for being honest.

I think its funny when people make generalizations about people who smoke... especially when they have never even hit a joint.

I'm not a useless bump-on-a-log because I smoke weed. I know too many people who do not smoke and are still useless, lazy bums. I smoke weed, I'm finishing up an A.A.S. and going to continue my eductation and get a B.A.S.

Spare me the malarky when you know NOTHING except what you see among a small group of friends.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I really needed to post this news item somewhere...

After searching 'cannabis', this thread popped as the most eye-catching title.

Incoming Amherst cannabis store means martial arts studio must move

The building that houses Amherst Martial Arts, which its owner says has to move because of its proximity to a planned marijuana dispensary. STAFF PHOTO/SCOTT MERZBACH

By SCOTT MERZBACH
    Staff Writer
    Published: 1/15/2020 11:20:45 PM
    Modified: 1/15/2020 11:19:54 PM

AMHERST — Municipal zoning rules that determine where marijuana dispensaries can be situated are forcing the relocation of a long-running martial arts studio from its site in the East Amherst village center.

Amherst Martial Arts, which arrived at the plaza on College Street in the fall of 2018, is expected to have its lease end this spring, said Annie Schwarz, the Tae Kwon Do school’s owner and head instructor. A recreational cannabis dispensary plans to open within 300 feet of the martial arts studio and town zoning requires a 300-foot buffer from any location “in which children commonly congregate in an organized ongoing formal basis.”

“At this time I don’t know where we will be going,” Schwarz said.

The end of the lease, with the notification from property owner Paul Shumway, comes as RC Retail Amherst LLC plans to open the Red Cardinal cannabis shop in a vacant storefront at 330 College St., last used by Green Wave Garden Supply & Hydroponics. The plaza is also home to restaurants, a smoke shop, a flooring store and a furniture store.

The martial arts studio, which opened in 1991 and was a fixture in downtown Amherst until its move to the new site, will have to again find new quarters, even though it was at the location before the marijuana shop was proposed.

Schwarz said she already got the month-to-month lease extended from November to April after discussions with representatives from the company and the town, but would likely need to have the Zoning Board of Appeals grant an exception to stay beyond that.

Economic Development Director Geoff Kravitz said the ZBA would likely take the proximity into consideration in its decision when issuing a special permit. RC Retail will go before the ZBA on Feb. 13, after submitting its application to the state’s Cannabis Control Commission.

Forcing another business to move is not unusual for a new marijuana dispensary, Kravitz said.

In North Amherst, for instance, where Rise Holdings Inc. is the lone dispensary open in town at 169 Meadow St., Kimballs Auction and Estate Services had to move to make way for the renovation of the building.

Another marijuana business, Herbology, which has yet to open, bought the building at 422 Amity St., forcing the closure of Rafters sports bar and restaurant.

Other communities have also had to deal with the issue of distance from a location where children’s activities take place. In Hadley, a marijuana dispensary application for the business now known as Heirloom Collective was initially rejected by the Planning Board in August 2016 after representatives from the neighboring Hampshire Mosque raised concern it would be too close to a place where children congregate.

The Planning Board later overturned the rejection because the mosque was still under construction at the time.

Kravitz said state zoning requires dispensaries to be at least 500 feet from school property lines. The proposed Red Cardinal store is sufficiently distant from the closest education site, Fort River School on South East Street.

Meanwhile, the town is getting closer to having a second dispensary. Mass Alternative Care Inc. of Springfield received Zoning Board of Appeals permission to be situated at 55 University Drive, a former restaurant site. Kravitz said he believes the company is progressing toward a spring opening,

In addition, MassMedicum Corp., another cannabis business, recently had its first hearing before the Zoning Board of Appeals for use of a new building at 85 University Drive.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    After searching 'cannabis', this thread popped as the most eye-catching title.
    I know that school. We got some of their students. I think Amherst is better off with the dispensary. 😝

FTW ShaolinDan!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    I know that school. We got some of their students. I think Amherst is better off with the dispensary. 😝
    Best post of the day!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart