Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer, Blunts, Doobies, BOOBIES : ), water, etc...

Blog Entries
    so we're good then?!?!?!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Well that's nothing to boast about. Stay away from Mexican brown, that stuff causes parkinsons disease.
    Not boasting, just stating that I think your logic is skewed. People who are motivated and want to make the world a better place will do that regardless. People who want to waste their life away will do that regardless. I don't feel that marijuana use plays a factor one way or the other.

I could show you a lot of worthless people who eat peanut butter sammiches. That doesn't make peanut butter sammiches inherently bad.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Blog Entries
    WHat's up shaolinlueb?

Yeah, i wave at the cops now when they drive by and look at my plants.

Cali is the place to be...........

hsk
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    so we're good then?!?!?!
    Look, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying what I ran into. I have no idea about medicinal uses. It wasn't legal in California for medicinal uses and nobody I knew used it for that except my friend Chris's grandmother who said it helped her glaucoma.

I don't see the point in recreational use. Believe me, I'm not coming into it from some naive viewpoint. My room-mates used to grow, they used it all the time, I knew plenty of people do it, sit around do nothing except bang out stupid tunes on the guitar, listen to Hendrix and the Grateful Dead and go "oh man" for hours.

One of my friends had a girlfriend that looked like Grace Kelly. She was from OC. She was so beautiful, and my friend just smoked all the time, did nothing, so she left him. Then she got onto pot and last I heard was dating some 18 year old at 30, never did anything with her life.

I could go on and on with examples of people who started with pot and went to meth. Dozens of people.

If you ask me, it just causes people to be dumb and stupid, so I don't get the point ... ????

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Not boasting, just stating that I think your logic is skewed. People who are motivated and want to make the world a better place will do that regardless. People who want to waste their life away will do that regardless. I don't feel that marijuana use plays a factor one way or the other.

I could show you a lot of worthless people who eat peanut butter sammiches. That doesn't make peanut butter sammiches inherently bad.
    I just don't get the point. Bottom line is it's just kindof useless. From what I've come across it just causes problems, everything from child neglect to people going nowhere in their lives, to breakdowns of the family and divorce.

You say I can't prove causation, yes, that's true. Maybe those people were just losers to begin with, I have no idea. But I don't see the point in smoking the stuff.

Look, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying what I ran into. I have no idea about medicinal uses. It wasn't legal in California for medicinal uses and nobody I knew used it for that except my friend Chris's grandmother who said it helped her glaucoma.

I don't see the point in recreational use. Believe me, I'm not coming into it from some naive viewpoint. My room-mates used to grow, they used it all the time, I knew plenty of people do it, sit around do nothing except bang out stupid tunes on the guitar, listen to Hendrix and the Grateful Dead and go "oh man" for hours.

One of my friends had a girlfriend that looked like Grace Kelly. She was from OC. She was so beautiful, and my friend just smoked all the time, did nothing, so she left him. Then she got onto pot and last I heard was dating some 18 year old at 30, never did anything with her life.

I could go on and on with examples of people who started with pot and went to meth. Dozens of people.

If you ask me, it just causes people to be dumb and stupid, so I don't get the point ... ????
    My argument is that those people would be worthless whether or not herb was involved.

My argument is that those people would be worthless whether or not herb was involved.
    Yeah, but why do it? That's the thing I don't get.

Then again, I don't really understand alcohol abuse either. Alcohol just seems to make you fat if you drink a lot, and if you drink hard alcohol it just seems to destroy your liver.

Anyway, like I said, there will be no convincing you. I've been through this many times already. We'll see what happens to you, how it affects you.

Nothing is worse, though, than trying to deal with some high idiot in a business situation or a retail establishment. It makes them just kindof, well, dumb.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 08-31-2006 at 09:07 PM.

You say I can't prove causation, yes, that's true. Maybe those people were just losers to begin with, I have no idea. But I don't see the point in smoking the stuff.
    But the thing is, no one is asking you to approve. No one is saying, "Lung, you need to smoke weed."

The argument is that there is not a single study that proves marijuana is the demon many people make it out to be. In fact, the studies that have been done show weed to be benign if not beneficial.

I think somebody should post a video of an old woman being assaulted before this thread gets locked.

But the thing is, no one is asking you to approve. No one is saying, "Lung, you need to smoke weed."

The argument is that there is not a single study that proves marijuana is the demon many people make it out to be. In fact, the studies that have been done show weed to be benign if not beneficial.
    It's not a big black and white thing. The effects of pot are more subtle. I don't think you can fully comprehend the effects of pot until you have a 45 year old pot-head room-mate who still thinks he's in college, and it isn't just him, but it's his girlfriend and all his friends as well.

Pot is bad news. I don't need a study for that.

I dunno, Bro. It sounds to me like you just make bad choices about whom you associate with. You seem to know a lot of losers.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Love LL, but I was quoting Biggie Smalls.
    lol, ok...don't know Biggie.

what about people who eat peanut butter, mayo and red onion sammiches?????

just want to make sure I'm not worthless...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I dunno, Bro. It sounds to me like you just make bad choices about whom you associate with. You seem to know a lot of losers.
    There were plenty of successful people who went to good schools that I knew too, but they weren't the ones doing drugs. Except one guy I knew that did a lot of speed, but he stopped that after high school.

man this forum is getting TRASHED!!!!!

makes me sad.....most of the 'vets' dont even bother posting anymore

craig

and in the end, marijuana isnt good for you, yea it may not be really really bad, but its still not a positive.
    Last edited by monkeyfoot; 09-01-2006 at 02:43 AM.

Pot seems to make people kindof dumb and takes away their drive to succeed. I first started noticing the problem when I tried to find a decent guitar teacher.

Reply]
    I have to agree here. WD maybe YOU are the excepton that proves the rule.

I don't drink, or do drugs of any kind. Even when I my back was at it's worst, I didn't even take the Vicodens I was prescribed. I just suffred through the pain. I have the full bottle still in my medicine cabinet....nice and expired today.

I have known people who don't smoke, and then later started. I have seen a marked decline in thier drive, and motivation. You can see a clear drop in thier intelectual abilities. They tend to become more paranoid and suspicious, and less trusting of others. They tend to have difficulties maintaining relationships, and often there marriages end in divorce after only short times.

The first thing I notice about users is they lose a degree of self awareness. Basically they really don't see the decline in thier lives, because the Pot masks it. Everyone else can see it though, so they tend to drift away from thier non useing freinds, and sink down to the level found commonly amongst other pot users. They then consistantly reinforce eachother, and make all these comparisons to Alcohol users and such, in a vain attempt to not have to admit they have gone down since they started smoking.

Most alcohol users don't seem to have any negative effect at all, unless they abuse. Again, same with pot smokers, in heavy drinkers ,first thing to go is a degree of self awareness. Heavy drinkers are also in thier own little worlds, and completely un aware of much of thier reality. Those of us who don't drink, smoke or what have you know what I mean.

Personally, I think it's sad, especialy when you meet someone, and look at them and you can see they are Pot users even when they don't say anything before hand.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 09-01-2006 at 05:58 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a