Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beer, Blunts, Doobies, BOOBIES : ), water, etc...

We had the most patient upstairs neighbors ever in one apartment in the dorms.

My room-mates would always get stoned with our downstairs neighbors and sit in the living room, and I'd try to do homework in my room in the back.

They'd be listening to Phish, the Dead, Hendrix, Marley, etc., turned way up on speakers with these 15 inch woofers, stoned off their rockers, banging out chords and patterns on the guitar.

Anyway, one of the guys in my physics class was living upstairs, so about 2 months into the term I went up there to ask him a question.

The music from our apartment was SO FRICKING LOUD that it actually was SHAKING their apartment, but they never came down to tell us to shut up. (Or maybe they did tell my room-mates and they were stoned off their rocker).

It could be these people who don't think pot is any big deal just don't have any decent pot.

Smoke a couple of gravity bongs full of some purple budded Humbolt Indica and I guarantee you won't get any work done.

Funny how lunghushan's info comes from observing his friends yet he seems to know an awful lot about drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Funny how lunghushan's info comes from observing his friends yet he seems to know an awful lot about drugs.
    Like I said, I'm not making any of this up. Drugs are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Drugs are bad.

and i say bull****, sir. drugs are fun!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

OMG, lunghushan is Mr. Mackey!

Um, drugs are bad. Mkay?

Anyway, whatever. I don't know why you have to have scientific studies for everything. Can't you make up your own mind about things?

I make up my own mind all the time. I do this effectively by examining when some one's making a fallacious statement based on presupposed assumptions. Take for instance the belief that your successful friends don't do drugs and their success is a result of this. I don't know how you define success, I could break it down by suggesting it might be shallow if you imagine a women who looks like a movie star should put those looks to use. I don't know how well you know your firends and what you consider to be your most ambitious business minded friend could be excluding you from weekend long coke fests with other business partners. Besides, this discussion is online . . . you could actually be working for D.A.R.E.

No matter how many times you say "smoking pot makes you dumb" or "Drugs are bad" it will still appear to me as an unexamined opinion. Of little use to me for making up my own mind. You're of course welcome to keep that opinion and no-one's stopping you from arguing for it, you're welcome to do the same for the argument that god created the world in 7 days. So long as you're not in a position to let that opinion influence situations like the one HSK has described, then as you say . . . whatever.

Now the info about Marijuana imported from Mexico is of some use, now that there are sources that can be examined. I'll formulate my opinion on that after reading and cross referencing. Then, if I'm in the unlikely situation of deciding whether or not to actually smoke brown Mexican "brick weed" I'll decide for myself.

I'd suggest you might want to examine you own opinions as rigorously . . . "Drugs are bad" really doesn't cut it.

Drugs are bad is just a summary of the issue.

Bottom line is any psychologically active drug like we're talking about messes with the brain's natural chemistry.

This can be done by binding to a receptor thereby altering its function, or it can be done by mimicking a substance that binds to a receptor, or by stimulating certain neurological precursors.

A lot of them work with dopamine, serotonin and things like that. Bottom line is, they mess with your brain, and the effects aren't good because they alter the normal brain chemistry, and can cause dependence.

If the brain's used to hyper-stimulation of a receptor, then it might tone that receptor down to compensate, so when the drug is gone, the person gets depressed, or the brain doesn't function normally.

So bottom line is they aren't really very good.

Just say no. I don't work for D.A.R.E.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    there are different reactions for all types of people in many things.

for instance, my bias outlook. i think people who drink everyday shouldnt, but i can garantee you someone out there who drinks everyday is still on top of thier game.

would they be better w/o the drink? maybe, but then again...maybe not.

...... to each his own.
    i definately drink too much. in cycles. ill drink 2 - 3 beers a night for months. but somehow it turns into 4 - 5 and then 6 - 8. at this point i take about a month off of drinking all togeather. and then it starts all over. when i was younger i'd hit 14 - 16 a night before laying off, but i've gotten just a hair more responsible.

that said i never miss work, i wake up at 6:30 in the morning to make adora breakfast and get her off to school, i lift 4 - 6 days per week, roll twice a week, i clean like a madman (litterally ... im a little neurotic about it), im going back to school next semester, blah blah blah im such a good dude.

while im certainly not perfect, my point is that i dont let my love for beer effect other aspects of my life. the only difference between when im kickin back a few a night and when im on a non driking binge is that i have a little more money and sleep a little less. health wise im sure i'd be better off without the beer, but i make my excuses and such is life.

i know many people who are the same way with their pot. i generally don't touch the ****, but its just because i dont like it anymore. i certainly cant fault people for smoking pot when i drink beer. some people just really crave a small release in their otherwise hectic and busy lives .... if its not abused very little harm is done.
    where's my beer?

bam! thx for sharing gda

this is what im saying. each person is different.

for instance to just say smoke is going to f you up, well, what do we say about rastafari...

is one saying that the entire rastafari association are a bunch of lazy degenerates, simply because they smoke on a daily basis, which is dictated by thier religion?

ive known a many rasta mon who are doing better than a lot of "straight edgers"

its case by case like almost everything else in life.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

This is extremely interesting. Who would figure a lot of KF people would be defending pot smoking so much?

No wonder martial arts has gotten so mellow over the years.

You know, this could explain the entire weird dynamics of the Seattle MA scene ... all the granola hippie non striking types.

Wow.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-01-2006 at 03:43 PM.

its not defending marijuana use per se, more as it is discussing the fact that each individual acts differently under certain scenario/situations, and is capable of different outcomes in any given scenario/situation based on the person in question.

in other words. you have to step outside the box and realize that not everyone is the same.

granted drugs are bad for you, yes. but i bet that a lot of the food we put in our systems do worse by you than the occasional smoking of pot.

marijuana at least is a natural substance where as many of the chemicals in foods, of which we are still un awares of the long term effects, have many more obvious adverse effects on society as a whole.

i fear we have much more to lose from our current fast food phase than we do from the marijuana smoking that has been around for thousands of years.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

This is extremely interesting. Who would figure a lot of KF people would be defending pot smoking so much?

No wonder martial arts has gotten so mellow over the years.

You know, this could explain the entire weird dynamics of the Seattle MA scene ... all the granola hippie non striking types.

Wow.

lmfao .... man i was almost angered by this post and then i bust out laughing.

holy ****.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    lmfao .... man i was almost angered by this post and then i bust out laughing.

holy ****.
    Well think about it. Wondering why the taiji or bagua or xingyi people don't do any serious applications work or striking ... they probably are getting toked all the time, and probably before class too.

Violence is evil, so we shouldn't learn to defend ourselves. Smoke another one, dude ...

Smoke a couple of gravity bongs full of some purple budded Humbolt Indica and I guarantee you won't get any work done.

Now I know you're full of it. There are two types of cannabis; indica and sativa. It's sativa that will give you that lazy feeling, not indica. Indica is a cleaner high. Doesn't make you tired, doesn't sap energy, doesn't do any of the stuff you're claiming. Indica wont even give you the munchies. If you said sativa would stop you from getting work done you MIGHT be correct if the person had no motivation anyway.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon