Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An old video of a Kyokushin practioner vs. a Wing Chun practioner

An old video of a Kyokushin practioner vs. a Wing Chun practioner

that video has no credit.

that wing chun guy was not in well enough physical shape to fight full contact. especially against a kyokushin guy...

i wonder if he could even do 100 full sit ups...let alone take a full contact kick to the body...
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Talking I'm not one to start or argue style vs. style B.S.

That's why I didn't say Kyokushin vs. Wing Chun. I said a Kyokushin practitioner vs. a Wing Chun practitioner.

hehe ya.

i was being funny :P

i expected the outcome before i opened the link. lol
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

well i wonder if he learned his lesson.
    where's my beer?

Kyukowned!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

"I'm gonna be fast and slap you a little"

THUD

"owwwww owwwww owwwww"

Bless you

What's that one saying? A form doesn't make the fighter, a fighter has to find the form that fits him?

I saw "Fighting Black Kings" a long time ago. To anyone who's seen this video one thing is apparent. It is an attempt to make Karate look good and Kung-fu look bad. It's obvious, they actually mention throughout the video how Kung-fu is useless for fighting. The five or so Kung-fu "fighters" in the video look like they learned a few moves five minutes before filming. On top of that, the Kung-fu guys look like they haven't exercised a day in their lives. On the contrary, it looks as though they spent their whole lives on the couch eating poatao chips (they are really laughable). The video looks outdated and campy and isn't credible in it's representation of CMA.

I rented it at Blockbuster years ago. Don't know if they would still have it. This was back before DVD's.

"It's not what you do, it's how well you do it"
    Possibly sometimes you have to do something better relative to someone else in your given art to be victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    "I'm gonna be fast and slap you a little"

THUD

"owwwww owwwww owwwww"

word.

what the heck kind of atack was that? Clearly no power and little effect.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

An interesting tidbit.

The Karateka in the video is the founder of Enshin Karate, Juko Ninomiya. On the other hand, the Wing Chun practioner is unknown (by me and many who write about this match at least).

all wc pracs who lose so badly are unknown or disowned or not doing it right etc etc. Too many examples of that song and dance to explain a way a failure to succeed.

no offense to wc as a style, just that it has a lot of luggage attached to it when this sort of thing comes up.

trust me when I say the Kyokushin guys don't need tomato cans to showcase the asskickingness of their practice.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

that wing chun was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

And yet, Oyama was nervous enough to stack the deck for that tournament.
    If you watch the movie of the WHOLE tourney you will see that the plan is for the top JAPANESE guys to win. And surprise, they did! The American and UK guys got to chew each other up before facing the pros from Japan. And they were all part of the same organization! They did the same thing with the Muay Thai fighters they invited. And if they won their bouts, then they were to fight people WAAY out of their weight class.

You would have had to have seen the footage they had in the film of the WC guy training PRIOR to the fight, back in the hills of Hong Kong. Just pitiful. The guy he faced in his only bout was one of THE top Kyukushinkai fighters of the time. Aside from that fact, the WC guy had no business being at that event. Ever wonder why Oyama didn't ask William Cheung for some of his aussie guys like Rick Spain or Joe Mohangie to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    all wc pracs who lose so badly are unknown or disowned or not doing it right etc etc. Too many examples of that song and dance to explain a way a failure to succeed.

no offense to wc as a style, just that it has a lot of luggage attached to it when this sort of thing comes up.

trust me when I say the Kyokushin guys don't need tomato cans to showcase the asskickingness of their practice.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang