Thread: Fight Science

Fight Science

Greetings to all in the Forum:

I watched National Geographic's "Fight Science" the other night........and I must admit that I wasn't very impressed. The science behind it seemed quite sound, yet(IMHO)I didn't feel that the show displayed a true "crossection" of fighting systems......there were many systems , yet it didn't seem to me that the systems were evenly (or perhaps a more appropriate term world be "objectively")represented. there were martial artists from many different styles that seemed to be "proven' fighters, yet, the Chinese style practiontioner didn't seem to posess the same or corresponding level of training. Again, I must stress that this is from my own personal observation( and feelings),and I in no way wish to slur or malign anyone's system or training. Please "weigh in" on this.
    "The truth is outside of all fixed patterns"

Hi
    See http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=42741 on Fight Science. I agree, a lot of the methods etc were flawed! And the voice over guy didnt help!

Fight Science

Su Lin:

Thank you for the link, I was unaware of the prior responces( haven't been in the forum for a while)...Thanks Again
    Last edited by DrunkenMantis; 09-03-2006 at 05:06 PM. Reason: misspelled word(responces)
    "The truth is outside of all fixed patterns"

No worries! Enjoy the debate, its quite a long one....

The fact that they included a modern wushu practitioner in a show called "Fight Science" was a strange choice.

BBK
    Last edited by bungbukuen; 09-04-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Did anyone tape it? I would really like a copy (we don't get the NG channel).
    Thanks
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I think it's on again this weekend. If you don't get it I'll try to remember to tape it for you but you'll have to pm me an address.