Thread: King of San Da, New York

King of San Da, New York

In case there was any doubt, Is SanHeChuan the King of San Da, you can lay those doubts to rest my friends. I'm here to tell you that I am NOT!

So the last time I trained in San Da was almost 4 years ago. Last night was my first Competitive San Shou Fight. I was here and I thought why not?

I came I saw I lost.

I didn't expect to win, just gain some much needed ring experience.

I would love to post all the videos and pictures I took of the Fight, but my camera took that critical moment to crap out on me. Despite having brand new batteries and being purchased only a week ago.

there were 19 fights, four fighters in my weight class 172-178.

I fought Richie Council (sp?) of the Iron Tigers. That's what his shorts said anyway.

I was at a lost as how to deal with this cat. He mostly just waited for me to throw something and then went for the throw. He rarely took the initiative, but was able to steal mine easy enough. I threw maybe 6 kicks, he got clean throws off of 4 of them. I stopped kicking. He threw 3 kicks in two rounds. One round to the leg which promptly met my opposite knee. Two front kicks, the first knocking me down (balance), the second glancing off. Not wanting to risk kicks, and not getting any in return I went to boxing. I felt like I was flailing. I was very predictable. I would throw a jab and then a BIG right. Usually he would duck the jab on the outside and go for the double leg. He got one that I can recall, maybe two. I pinned him against the fence once or twice (we fought in an octagon) and threw some knees. I don't think I was even hurting him with those knees, they felt just for show. He would regain the initiative by landing some punches and I'd start back peddling. That was shear inexperience at work there, his blows were solid but not critical. I allowed him to regain control. I felt that my punches and kicks, were slow and predicable, not explosive. I know I'm better than that. I shouldn't have worried about his throws and just kicked harder and faster making him work harder for his throws. My stance was too high. It left me unbalanced, unrooted, and was part of the cause for my back peddling. The fight was called late in the 2nd round. I back peddled around the ring, while he pummeled me, covering up and little else. I was starting to recover when the judge called it, I just took too long. Part of the reason for that is because I started thinking that I really didn't wont to fight anymore, Ops. Fighting in a ring would have helped alittle here as getting corned would have forced me to take a stand. I came out of it with a cut above my eye that has turned into a stylish looking bruise, and a sore neck. Other that that I didn't get hurt. Every time I was thrown, knocked down, or fell, I just jumped back up.

The only negative thing I have to say about my opponent is that He used spinning back fists. He landed two clean on me and one in his next fight. I feel that any technique that does not incorporate good root isn't going to have enough power behind it. In my eyes it's a worthless technique.

My opponent went on to lose to Tim O'Connor (sp?) who I believe was from New York San Da. Tim was a very a very good fighter, good combination, and very explosive.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 09-03-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

My only picture Attachment 3591

Maybe lkfmdc or someone else has some more media coverage of the fights?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I judged that fight and your description is pretty accurate. He would have won both rounds but you got off some good stuff. Richie has been around for a very long time and has fought many good fighters. I have seen him fight at least sever times I would say.

There are a ton of holes in his attacks and defense but you do not yet have the experience to take full advantage of them.

Spinning techniques are only as good at the ability of the person who throws them. I never use them but I have see people get KO’ed hard and ugly with them.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

In the rule set you use is there a penalty for not initiating? Is there a time limit on how much time you can spend in idle while in the ring?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The initiation penalty was not in use. It is almost never used in the US too many ring trained fighters. You only really see it in Lei Tai San Shou where clean points are much more important.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

I was at the event it was good show i saw your fight you did good considering you havent trained in 4years. I was there supporting the gym i train at, we had a guy at the 160-166 division