Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Erwin Croc Hunter died today!!!

Steve Erwin Croc Hunter died today!!!

Crocodile Hunter died. Steve irwin was killed when a stingray barb pierced his chest. google it, i lost the link now...*murmurs*
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yes very sad indeed.

Its been going bananas in oz over the news wire.

front page cnn.com

it's weird but not suprising
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Sad day indeed.

But, he died doing what he loved. Should I be so lucky.

He was a bloody legend

He was great and I'll miss him. Talk about an understanding of animal kung fu (at least land animals)! I wish the news service I watched hadn't harped on the incident in 2004 when he fed a croc with his baby in his arms. He made a mistake, but this was not the time to yak about that. I really liked his style.
    Figure Eight

Steve Erwin Croc Hunter died today!!!

He was doing a doco on sting Rays in Port Douglas and was spined by the ray in the left side of the chest (heart maybe) and died before he got back to shore.

He was a great guy for OZ brought tourist and looked after injuried wildlife and left behind 2 kids and wife.

Sad, but he probably went out in the way he wanted too!!

god bless
    Garry

Croc Hunter Irwin killed by stingray
    Email Print Normal font Large font September 4, 2006 - 2:24PM

Advertisement
    AdvertisementCrocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has died in a freak marine accident while shooting a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef.

The 44-year-old is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest while he was diving.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

Mr Irwin's body is being flown to a morgue in Cairns.

Tasmanian police have confirmed his American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania.

A spokeswoman said in a statement police had made contact with Mrs Irwin and "passed on a message relating to the death of her husband".

Melbourne-born Mr Irwin - known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter - is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!".

The father of two's Crocodile Hunter program was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on cable network Discovery.

Thanks to his TV programs, Irwin is perhaps the best-known Australian in the United States.

He has also starred in movies and developed the Australia Zoo wildlife park, north of Brisbane, which was started by his parents Bob and Lyn Irwin.

The Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) said a call was received about 11am (AEST) on Monday and an emergency services helicopter was flown to a boat on Batt Reef, off Port Douglas, with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Mr Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Irwins have two children: a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin, three.

Bob was involved in a controversial incident in January, 2004, when his father dangled him near a crocodile at Australia Zoo.

Mr Irwin carried his infant son in one arm while feeding a dead chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand.

Child welfare and animal rights groups criticised his actions as irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse.

Mr Irwin said any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation.

In June 2004, Mr Irwin came under fire again when it was alleged he came too close to and disturbed some whales, seals and penguins while filming a documentary in Antarctica.

Interacting with Antarctic wildlife in a disapproved manner may be a breach of Australian federal and international laws. But the issue ended without charges being filed.

Mr Irwin had close links with Prime Minister John Howard and was a guest at The Lodge during a function for US President George W Bush in 2003.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Australia Zoo for his official Christmas card last year, hailed Mr Irwin for his work in promoting Australia.

Mr Irwin was heavily involved in last year's "G'Day LA" campaign.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," a spokesman said.

Mr Irwin also championed many environmental projects.

These included the Steve Irwin Conservation Foundation, and International Crocodile Rescue.

© 2006 AAP
    Brought to you by

Not looking forward to telling my kids about this one, along with millions of other Australian parents.

man i just always assumed that dude was invincable.
    where's my beer?

i thought he was invincible too. that sucks. he was cool as **** too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

What A Bummer I actually Liked Steve Irwin, as animal enthusiasts on the TV go He was my favorite. All the others seemed like total douche bags and gaywads(ie Jack Hanna Jeff corwin etc etc)

Rest With the crocs Mate.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

That's terrible. A stingray? After all the "kills you in 3 seconds if it bites you" things I've seen him deal with on his show?
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Yeah and whats so F'ed up about this is that Stingrays are Nonlethal creatures. Sure they have a toxin in their barb but it is rarely fatal. Unless you are allergic OR you get peirced in the heart.

Irwin had a tendency to get too close to dangerous animals but still he had such a positive attitude and from where i stand he was a great conservationist. How ironic that he would be taken out by one of the most gentle ocean creatures.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

My feelings on the guy are mixed. I feel bad for his family, but then again, Darwin was long over due in claiming that one.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a