Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Erwin Croc Hunter died today!!!

I don't know as much about him as some of you seem to (other than his annoying presence on TV) but his death doesn't surprise me. It's not like he's an accountant who got hit by a car while crossing the street. He repeatedly put himself in danger, it was his lifestyle choice. His wife knew this and she stayed with him (she had to have a clue that one day he might end up like Sigfried....or is it Roy?). It's an expected result of what he did. They both had to know and accept it.

I'm not trying to be cold or mean but the guy died doing what he liked (like that other freak who was into Bears), if you like them then celebrate their lives , but their untimely deaths were their own doing (certainly ridiculous to pity them).

As far as animal enthusiasts, my favorite has to be Mark Morrone of Petkeeping (TV show). The only responsible one who's not after ratings but promotes proper care and treatment of the animals that actually are in our care.....our pets.

Yes, he always said if he was to die or be killed he hoped it was doing what he does!

His wish came true, i guess.....

steve also inspired the bum hunter and many other humanity works.
    where's my beer?

a great loss

well i think its a great loss to humanity that someone who put in as much time and effort to conserve and protect dangerd animals and tried to educate people about what effect it was haveing on the planet has died all i can hope is that his family and colleages can keep up the good work and example he left for us.

I really liked the guy and appreciated his efforts on behalf of wildlife. I wish his wife didn't have to go through this, but she was aware of his dangerous job.
    Figure Eight

Who is Steve Erwin? Was he a Pride or UFC fighter?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

normally id call him a moron
    but hes dead now so .....
    amituofo
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

CRIKEY! I guess you could say that he went out on his own terms.

I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing.

There comes a time in life where you have to be responsible and stop being so selfish. This guy took his own life into his own hands all too frequently. Now his poor wife and kids will have to live with out a husband and father. There comes a time when you have to grow up. This guy never did and now his family will have to pay the price.

A real man is there for his family.

Getting killed in feakish accident by a sting ray is stupid way to die. I feel for his wife and kids.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I read where he did bjj. Saved a friend who was grabbed by a croc. He jumped on its back and put his hooks in.
    He was the geniune article.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

We're innundated with news reports right now on the topic. An interesting note, one of his mates was talking about how tough he was and mentioned that he trained martial arts and used to spar with his bodyguard.

A man is what a man is, and people, including a wife, are drawn to him for what he is. Irwin provided for his family and left them a legasy that will make them proud and secure for the rest of their lives. The whole world feels for them.

Its a tragedy any way you slice it, but life is full of tragedies, and one of the greatest is people who never follow their dreams or live the life the good lord gave them to the fullest.

To disrespect one of the few people truly larger-than-life for their lack of mediocrity, says little indeed.

".......left them a legasy that will make them proud and secure for the rest of their lives"

Funny you mention that because I was thinking about that kid of his that has to grow up with that footage of themselves being dangled in front of a crocodile. If that was you you'd think your father was an idiot.

Why does "living life to the fullest" always mean (to so many people) that you have to taunt death? It doesn't to me. I'm living life to the fullest (as are many people) and I appreciate life (and the life of others) and how delicate it is. What about not throwing away the life that the good lord gave you?

If you think you have to put your life in danger to really live it then it sounds like you've been brainwashed by MTV or whatever sensationalist TV youre watching.

Steve Irwin was the salt of the earth. leave your passive agressive bull**** to yourself.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

An update of what happened:
    Irwin was snorkeling off the coast of Queensland to film Ocean's Deadliest, a documentary for Animal Planet on dangerous marine life. As Irwin swam over the stingray, it drove its poisonous serrated tail into his heart, says friend and colleague John Stainton, who was with Irwin on his research vessel, Croc One.

Now a little about my Dad.

My Mom had told me of Dad seeing a big alligator along side the road, sunning. They lived in Florida. He thought it would be a good photo of him by the gator so he stopped and told my Mom to get his photo by it.
    Dad let the gator know he was there and slowly walked up 8 to 10 feet away. Mom stood waay back and snapped the picture. As Dad took his first step away, The gator raised up, took a big breath and hissed at him. I am guessing it was the late '80s and that photo is lost somewhere. I really liked it as that was Dad. He would get wild honey out of the woods, pick his own mushrooms and do things that I would never do.
    Anthony wrote:If that was you you'd think your father was an idiot."
    De mortuis nil nisi bonum
    When his son Bob grows up I bet he will say "That was Dad!"
    Last edited by BM2; 09-04-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post

A man is what a man is, and people, including a wife, are drawn to him for what he is. Irwin provided for his family and left them a legasy that will make them proud and secure for the rest of their lives. The whole world feels for them.
    Well said.

and this here thread should be locked on that note before it gets any more imbecilic than it already is.

crikeys...leave the dead man alone
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    We're innundated with news reports right now on the topic. An interesting note, one of his mates was talking about how tough he was and mentioned that he trained martial arts and used to spar with his bodyguard.

Its a tragedy any way you slice it, but life is full of tragedies, and one of the greatest is people who never follow their dreams or live the life the good lord gave them to the fullest.

To disrespect one of the few people truly larger-than-life for their lack of mediocrity, says little indeed.
    A "legacy" can't play catch with his son.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/