Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve Erwin Croc Hunter died today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    Even the people from his own film crew said that he was getting too close. Man does not own this world. We can't just do what ever we want. Saying that the guy was careless is not poor manners. It's reality.
    You play very loose with the truth, it seems you just make it up to fit your own timid view of the world. Coroner's report based on a review of the film and eyewitness reports say he was not intimidating or acting agressively towards the creature in any way.

It was a freak accident, only 4 deaths under similar circumstances have been recorded. More people die getting hit by the suburban bus or eating shellfish.

Now you're whining that people are paying out on you for talking sh1t about a legend.

Thanks for the personality profile, mate.

I started watching the animal chanel because of this guy. What happened to this man was a freak accident, you have more of a chance of being hit by lightning.

And as far as being a man and taking care of his family, his family is very well compensated. From what I hear Steve made a ton of money before he died not to mention a multi million dollar pay off on his life insurance policy.

This is typicaly what legends are made of so lets just leave it at that. At least he died with his boots on.

I for one am saddened by his passing.

greencloud.net

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    You play very loose with the truth, it seems you just make it up to fit your own timid view of the world. Coroner's report based on a review of the film and eyewitness reports say he was not intimidating or acting agressively towards the creature in any way.

It was a freak accident, only 4 deaths under similar circumstances have been recorded. More people die getting hit by the suburban bus or eating shellfish.

Now you're whining that people are paying out on you for talking sh1t about a legend.

Thanks for the personality profile, mate.
    Why don't you just call me a liar. Let's get one thing clear. I don't talk about shit that I don't know about and I don't fucking lie. So piss off!

I saw an interview on TV last night with his camera man and the guy clearly said that Steve was probably too close.

As far as soldiers, cops and firefighters go. Those people have real jobs. They know, understand and accept the risks. They don't do their jobs in front of cheering crowds. They don't get their own TV shows. On top of that, they don't get paid much. They do their job because they know it has to be done.

Completely different, no comparison and a total insult to every soldier, cop and firefighter out there to even attempt to compare them to the croc hunter.

Sorry if some people can't handle honesty. The guy had a death wish and it came true. Now his wife and kids are with out a husband a father. That's the real tragedy.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Steve would have chased crocs or any other animal for nothing and Im sure he did not ask to be famous...Have you seen the guy give an interview. Hes the type of guy Australians call "salt of the earth".

And what the hell is a real job

Educating the general public via his doco's which highlight conservation and environmental issues all over the globe.

Looking after endangered animals and trying to protect the habitat they live in and need to survive.

Seems like a real enough job to me champ.

Its a shame there are not more people like him

Yeah I dunno about the death wish. He was a crazy Aussie. Gotta watch out for those guys. Crazy Brazilians, too. Crazy Lebanese, too ... in fact just about anybody who doesn't know their own mortality. LOL

Anyway they had an interview last night with somebody, I think his producer but I'm not sure, and they said that what happened was the camera guy got in front of the ray, and Steve was coming from behind and the ray got spooked, so he flipped out and stung Steve.

Basically it was because of the camera guy in front and Steve in back. It was not some freak accident, they boxed in the stingray and it reacted to what it thought was hostile intentions.

Greetings...

While we lament Mr. Irwin's "putting himself in harm's way".. it might be wise to look at our own circumstances.. it seems that we do the same. Each sparring session migh have an unfortunate end, each punch might have a quirky landing that ends it for someone.. In reality, we are not much different from Mr. Irwin, we love what we do and ignore "the Elephant in the room"..

It is my understanding that they weren't even aware of the ray, that it was buried in sand.. the report i heard said it was a complete surprise.. Anyway, i live in Orlando, home of SeaWorld, and we can go there and pet and feed the rays.. they are uniquely docile..

It is sad that people would look for the darkness in such a bright life.. it is noteworthy that it wasn't his handling of dangerous creatures, that ended his life prematurely.. as much as we might think he pushed the envelope, he did it pretty well.. it was just one of those things that got him, wrong place/wrong time..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

bob pierces the correct with his barb of truth.

Irwin was a cool guy despite his antics and he was a major advocate for conservationism and brought it to the top of a lot of peoples mind by updating the approach and making it exciting.

all we had was jacques costeau and marlin perkins when i was a young one and while those shows had their appeal, they didn't have the action that irwin did and they certainly didn't have the kind of focus on conservationism.

costeau was noble and all, but distant to most of us and we couldn't relate because we likely, for the most part would not find ourselves in cousteau like situations.

marlin perkins and mutual of omaha seemed abusive to animals more often than not, so they were more of the "look at this freakish thing" kind of viewing.

rip steve, i hope there's crocs in whatever afterlife there is so you can have a really good eternal wrestle with them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I heard that the video of him being hit is on the internet somewhere....I haven't been able to find it. Anyone know if it's up or not?

BTW I could never stand the guy.
    http://forum.ogrish.com/showthread.php?t=118622
    where's my beer?

Well, whatever. We all die sometime. No sense crying over spilled milk.

[QUOTE=Chief Fox;703670]Why don't you just call me a liar. Let's get one thing clear. I don't talk about shit that I don't know about and I don't fucking lie. So piss off!

This is the kind of post I would expect to see on bullshido, not on KFM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching